Thrown Powders are items that can be used to turn Crimson, Corrupt, or Hallowed blocks back into their pure form. When thrown, they release as a cloud spread with a very short range, comparable to that of a Broadsword, and produce a fair amount of light. Thrown Powder comes in three variants:
- In Hardmode, one can use Purification Powder on a Tortured Soul in order to obtain the Tax Collector NPC. It is purchased from the Dryad for 75 each, while a Blood Moon is not active.
Vile Powder is able to revert any Hallowed block back into its pure form, such as reverting Pearlstone into Stone. If thrown at critters such as the Bunny, Penguin, or Goldfish, they will turn into their Corrupted variants: Corrupt Bunny, Corrupt Penguin, and Corrupt Goldfish respectively. It can be crafted from Vile Mushrooms or can be purchased from the Dryad for 1 each, during a Blood Moon in a Corrupt world.
Vicious Powder is functionally identical to its counterpart, the Vile Powder, to where it can revert any Hallowed block back into its pure form. If thrown at critters such as the Bunny, Penguin, or Goldfish, they will turn into their Crimson variants: Crimtane Bunny, Vicious Penguin, and Crimtane Goldfish respectively. It can be crafted from Vicious Mushrooms or can be purchased from the Dryad for 1 each, during a Blood Moon in a Crimson world.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Purification Powder is able to shatter Shadow Orbs and Crimson Hearts.
- Purification Powder will not clear through Corrupt or Crimson thorns, leaving the player to manually break them before they spread their respective biome.
- Purification Powder is one of the only methods of tunneling through Ebonstone or Crimstone to reach Shadow Orbs/Crimson Hearts in pre-Hardmode without the need to defeat the Eater of Worlds or the Brain of Cthulhu, the other methods being to use explosives or a Reaver Shark/Molten Pickaxe.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Vicious Powder is now used in crafting recipe for Bloody Spine.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Vicious Powder introduced.
- Purification Powder can now purify Tortured Souls.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Tooltip for Purification Powder changed from 'Cleanses the corruption' to 'Cleanses the evil'.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Vile Powder is no longer sold on Crimson worlds.
- Desktop 1.2: Current powders given new sprites.
- Desktop 1.1: Vile Powder no longer deals damage, and can now remove the Hallow.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced with Purification and Vile Powder.