Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
(Redirected from Purple Mucos)
- Internal Item ID: 1118
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- One of the best ways to farm Sea Snails is during a Solar Eclipse, since that event highly increases the enemy spawn rate (almost as high as during a Blood Moon). The key factor from this method is that Solar Eclipse enemies cannot spawn in water, only being able to spawn in the nearby beach or any cave below the sea, and they rarely come to the ocean water. Most of the time, the player will only fight the regular Ocean enemies with an increased spawn rate, and only very occasionally encounter an Eclipse enemy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even though it is already a liquid, it cannot be used as a dye until it is crafted into Purple Dye.
- In the Console version and Old-gen console version, the name is incorrectly spelled "Mucos".
- The ancient Phoenicians used murex (a species of snail) to make purple dye, which was often worth its weight in silver. The desire to emulate the high real-life value of such dye may be the reason why sea snails are so rare in-game.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Renamed from "Purple Mucous" to "Purple Mucus".
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Sprite updated.
- Renamed from "Purple Mucos" to "Purple Mucous", which is still incorrect.
- Now produces 2 Purple Dyes instead of 1.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.