|Knockback||7.5 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||27 Average|
|Tooltip||Strong enough to destroy Demon Altars|
- Internal Item ID: 367
You can't destroy a demon altar with a normal hammer. You have to pwn them.
— A loading screen tip
The Pwnhammer is a Hardmode hammer that is able to destroy Demon Altars and Crimson Altars, blessing the world with one of the six Hardmode ores. It is always dropped by the Wall of Flesh. The Pwnhammer has a sparkle effect when used, giving off a good deal of light even in total darkness. Altars can only be destroyed in Hardmode worlds, despite unstated in the description.
The best modifier is Legendary. The Light modifier does not make it faster due to rounding.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name is a reference to a series of Metroid-based levels in a level pack named The Invasion 2 for Super Mario Bros. X, a game Redigit has previously worked on.
- This tool has the color scheme of gear made from Hallowed Bars, but cannot be crafted.
- The "Pwn" part of the Pwnhammer's name is a popular gaming term from the unofficial language Leet. It is derived from a misspelling of "own", which denotes success and domination, usually in multiplayer. A succeeding player is "pwning" while a failing player is being "pwned".
Achievements[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.