|Knockback||7.5 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||27 Average|
|Tooltip||Strong enough to destroy Demon Altars|
- Internal Item ID: 367
You can't destroy a demon altar with a normal hammer. You have to pwn them.
— A loading screen tip
The Pwnhammer is a Hardmode hammer that is able to destroy Demon Altars and Crimson Altars, blessing the world with one of the six Hardmode ores. It is always dropped by the Wall of Flesh. The Pwnhammer has a sparkle effect when used, giving off a good deal of light even in total darkness.
While the tooltip states that it can break them, Altars can only be destroyed in Hardmode worlds, i.e. worlds where the Wall of Flesh has been defeated. Each Altar spawns new amounts of Hardmode ores. The first destroyed Altar blesses the world with Cobalt or Palladium Ore, the second Mythril or Orichalcum Ore, and the third Adamantite or Titanium Ore. The ores generated are randomly determined upon smashing the first three Altars, similarly to naturally-spawning ores. Subsequently destroyed Altars will generate the same ores (in the same order).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name is a reference to a series of Metroid-based levels in a level pack named The Invasion 2 for Super Mario Bros. X, a game Redigit has previously worked on.
- This tool has the color scheme of gear made from Hallowed Bars, but cannot be crafted.
- The "Pwn" part of the Pwnhammer's name is a popular gaming term from the unofficial language Leet. It is derived from a misspelling of "own", which denotes success and domination, usually in multiplayer. A succeeding player is "pwning" while a failing player is being "pwned".
Achievements[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.