|Knockback||7.5 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||26 Average|
|Tooltip||Strong enough to destroy Demon Altars|
- Internal Item ID: 367
You can't destroy a demon altar with a normal hammer. You have to pwn them.
— A loading screen tip
The Pwnhammer is a Hardmode hammer that is able to destroy Demon Altars and Crimson Altars, blessing the world with one of the six Hardmode ores. It is always dropped by the Wall of Flesh. The Pwnhammer has a sparkle effect when used, giving off a good deal of light even in total darkness. Altars can only be destroyed in Hardmode worlds, ie. worlds where the Wall of Flesh has been defeated.
Each Altar spawns new amounts of Hardmode ores. The first destroyed Demon or Crimson Altar blesses the world with Cobalt or Palladium Ore, the second with Mythril or Orichalcum Ore, and the third with Adamantite or Titanium Ore. The ore generated upon destroying an Altar is randomly determined upon smashing the first three Altars, similar to the naturally-spawning ores. Subsequent destroyed Altars repeats this process, generating more Cobalt or Palladium, then more Mythril or Orichalcum, then more Adamantite or Titanium.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If a player attempts to destroy a Crimson/Demon Altar with the Pwnhammer before the Wall of Flesh has been defeated, it will behave like a normal hammer; the player will lose half of their current health.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name is a reference to a series of Metroid-based levels in a level pack named The Invasion 2 for Super Mario Bros. X, a game Redigit has previously worked on.
- This tool is related to gear made from Hallowed Bars. It is the only Hallowed item that cannot be crafted.
- The "Pwn" part of the Pwnhammer's name is a popular gaming term from the unofficial language Leet. It is derived from a misspelling of "own", which denotes success and domination, usually in multiplayer. A succeeding player is "pwning" while a failing player is being "pwned".
- If you attempt to destroy a Demon Altar or Crimson Altar in a world that has not entered Hardmode, then you will take damage.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.