The bulk of the Pyramid is buried underground, with its tip usually protruding slightly from the Desert surface. Pyramids contain a single zigzagging tunnel leading to a treasure room, which can contain unique loot. In addition to unique treasures, they are furnished with unique decorative banners and a variety of Pots and Coin Stashes.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is possible, though very rare, for up to 4 Pyramids to generate in a single world.
- A Pyramid's natural tunnel sometimes ends abruptly.
- An experiment generating one hundred small worlds using version 220.127.116.11.1 showed an 83% chance of having no pyramids, a 15% chance of having one pyramid, and a 2% chance of having two pyramids. However, Pyramids are slightly more common since version 1.2.3.
- Another experiment generating one hundred small, medium and large worlds using version 1.3.5 showed a 16% chance in small worlds, 42% chance in medium worlds and 39% chance in large worlds of having one or multiple pyramids.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to 1.3, Pyramids contained two rooms – one along the standard path and the other completely enclosed. The one along the path always had a Gold Chest while the second one only sometimes had one. If the second one did contain a Gold Chest, it would contain standard pyramid loot. The second room would also contain an Orange Torch and two Pyramid Banners.
- While the Pyramids' real life counterparts are located in Egypt, the Cactus plants that grow in the nearby desert are based on a species native to North America.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Made slightly more common.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.