The bulk of the Pyramid is buried underground, with its tip usually protruding slightly from the Desert surface. Pyramids contain a single zigzagging tunnel leading to a treasure room, which can contain unique loot. In addition to unique treasures, they are furnished with unique decorative banners and a variety of pots and coin stashes.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is possible, though very rare, for up to 4 Pyramids to generate in a single world.
- A Pyramid's natural tunnel sometimes ends abruptly.
- An experiment generating one hundred small worlds using version 220.127.116.11.1 showed an 83% chance of having no pyramids, a 15% chance of having one pyramid, and a 2% chance of having two pyramids. However, Pyramids are slightly more common since version 1.2.3.
- Another experiment generating one hundred small, medium and large worlds using version 1.3.5 showed a 16% chance in small worlds, 42% chance in medium worlds and 39% chance in large worlds of having one or multiple pyramids.
- In the Mobile version, mummies can sometimes spawn when pots are broken in pyramids.
- In the Mobile version, Pyramids contain two rooms. One is along the standard path, the other is completely enclosed. The one along the path always has a Gold Chest while the second one will sometimes. If the second one does contain a Gold Chest, it will contain standard pyramid loot. The second room will also contain an orange torch and two Pyramid Banners.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Made slightly more common.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
| Biomes and Structures|
|Surface Layers||Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Jungle • Mushroom • Evil Biome (The Corruption • The Crimson) • The Hallow • Space|
|Underground Layers||Underground • Cavern • Underground Snow • Underground Desert • Underground Jungle • Underground Mushroom • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Bee Hive • Dungeon • Granite Cave • Lihzahrd Temple • Marble Cave • Meteorite • Spider Nest|
|Structures and Other Biomes||Chasm • Enchanted Sword Shrine • Floating Island • Heart Shrine • Jungle Shrine/Jungle Sanctum • Living Tree (Living Mahogany Tree ) • Pyramid • Ruined House • Underground Cabin|