|Use time||45 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||'When 2 or 3 just doesn't cut it'|
- Internal Item ID: 4703
It fires a spread of four bullets at a 45 degree angle while having twice the spread of the Shotgun. This spread is very substantial and it is difficult to aim without being right next to a foe due to its unreliable spread variation. However, it can be used against groups of enemies and can reliably hit bosses and bigger enemies.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This weapon can be obtained early on, by obtaining the Boomstick from a Jungle Crate or Ivy Chest, which will avoid the danger of the Goblin Army event from occurring by the other method. A second early method is by breaking either a Shadow Orb or Crimson Heart and receiving a Musket or The Undertaker respectively. It can be then bought from the Arms Dealer provided you have enough money.
- This weapon can be devastating early on, capable of one-shotting Crimson and Corruption enemies at close range. However, due to the wide spread of bullets, It is only viable at very close range.
- It is very useful against very large enemies like King Slime, as larger hitboxes allow more shots to land.
- The Quad-Barrel Shotgun has completely identical stats as the Shotgun, its Hardmode counterpart. However, the Quad-Barrel Shotgun is still considered inferior due to its very wide spread, which makes its effective range extremely low.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Quad-Barrel Shotgun is a reference to the 1979 American science fantasy horror film Phantasm.
- Despite its lower rarity color and its stats being completely identical to the Hardmode Shotgun (apart from the spread), the Quad-Barrel Shotgun has a higher buy and sell price (
350000*35/ 70000*7compared to 250000*25/ 50000*5).
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.