|AI Type||Queen Bee AI|
|Damage||30 / 54 (melee)|
22 / 44 (stinger)
|Max Life||3400 / 4760|
|Defense||8 / 8-20 (depending on health)|
|Debuff duration||10 seconds / 20 seconds (Stinger attack)|
2 - 6 seconds (On contact)
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 222
The Queen Bee is a pre-Hardmode boss. She is summoned by breaking the Larva inside Bee Hives of the Underground Jungle, or by using an Abeemination anywhere within the Jungle. She is immune to the Confused debuff, and can inflict the Poisoned debuff.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Queen Bee has three distinct attack patterns:
- She will level herself horizontally with the player and fly back and forth three times in an attempt to ram the player.
- She will spawn Bees while hovering (which will include larger ones in Expert mode), which attack the player.
- Similar to Hornets, the Queen Bee will rapidly fire poisonous stingers at the player. During this pattern, she will alternate between hovering above the player, and positioning herself to swoop in at the player from above.
In Expert mode , the speed of these attacks increases as the Queen Bee takes damage.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Larva can be broken by any damaging weapon, similar to a Pot, so many actions such as the Orichalcum armor's set bonus or a Star Cloak can break the Larva, causing the Queen Bee to be unintentionally spawned.
- This is especially common if there are remaining larva within the Jungle late into the game, when it is possible to hit things anywhere on the screen, even behind solid blocks.
- Once the Queen Bee is defeated, the Witch Doctor NPC will spawn if there is a vacant house.
- Bees do not drop Souls of Light, Souls of Night, Biome Keys , or Biome Key Molds .
- In Multiplayer, Queen Bee appears not to despawn upon the death of players, and will follow them all the way back to the spawn.
- Occasionally, a Bee Hive will be large enough to possess 2 Larvae. If a player is using a bouncing weapon such as the Water Bolt, they need to be wary of the second Larva, lest they be targeted by the newly summoned, second Queen Bee.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Honey naturally found in Bee Hives can be used to craft Bottled Honey or provide passive health regeneration mid-fight. However, standing in Honey will slow down the player.
- The Bees do little damage, but can easily become an annoyance as they can push the player around. If the player does not have a Cobalt Shield or Obsidian Shield to avoid knockback, any grappling hook can be used to anchor the player to blocks.
- The Queen Bee can be a viable source of money, dropping
0*upon death and being comparably simple to summon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Queen Bee has the largest number of unique drops of any boss in the game at 16, tied with Plantera.
- Strangely, although being able to inflict the Poisoned debuff, Queen Bee is not immune to it herself.
- Although rare, it is possible to obtain the Yelets from the Queen Bee if it is defeated after one of the Mechanical Bosses has been killed.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: New drops added.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed exploit where Queen Bee could get stuck in tiles and not move.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.