Queen Spider Staff
|Damage||26 / 19 Summon|
|Knockback||7.5 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||30 Average|
|Tooltip||Summons a spider queen to spit eggs at your enemies|
- Spider Hiver
The Queen Spider Staff is a Hardmode sentry summon weapon that summons a Queen Spider sentry that lasts for two minutes. It fires short-range spider eggs at enemies at a rate of 1/s which can roll and are heavily affected by gravity. Upon colliding with enemies or objects, the eggs hatch three baby spiders each that attack enemies suicide-style, inflicting Minion damage along with the Venom debuff.
The Queen Spider can be summoned in any area of the visible screen, even if blocks completely separate the player from the point chosen. It requires blocks or platforms to stand on.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Queen Spider Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
|A baby spider.|
- It works much like the Staff of the Frost Hydra, but its projectiles are affected by gravity, have less damage, and neither the turret nor its projectiles provide light.
- The spiders which spawn from the 'egg' projectiles do not climb walls.
- The Queen Spider Staff can be used simultaneously with other sentry minions without impacting the player's normal minion total.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Staff can be helpful for clearing out caves and rooms without directly entering them, by summoning it through the wall.
- Because the Spider Fang item is a common drop (75% / 100% chance) from Black Recluse spiders, the Queen Spider Staff is relatively easy to obtain and a useful aid in surviving early Hardmode.
- The Staff can be sold for 5 whereas the materials needed only sell for 1 20 (24 Spider Fangs), which makes selling the staff as opposed to the fangs a good way to make money.
- It is possible to have up to 4 Spider Queens summoned at once when wearing any of the sets bought from the Tavernkeep and any of the Ogre accessories.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is one of only four weapons in the game that can inflict Venom without any buffs or bonuses, the others being the Spider Staff, Pygmy Staff, and the Venom Staff.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: Now considered a Sentry minion.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Damage increased from 19 to 21.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Added requirement of 10 mana.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 188.8.131.52.
- Console 1.17: Now considered a Sentry minion.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Damage increased from 19 to 21. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Damage increased from 19 to 21. ()
- Console 1.08: Introduced, requires 10 mana.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Damage increased from 19 to 21.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced, requires 10 mana.