Rainbow Crystal Staff
|Knockback||7.5 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||29 Average|
|Tooltip||Summons a radiant crystal that banishes your enemies|
'The colors, Duke, the colors!'
- Internal Item ID: 3571
The Rainbow Crystal Staff is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord summon weapon. It summons a sentry-style minion that lasts for two minutes, remains stationary, and does not count against the player's minion capacity. The Rainbow Crystal Staff has a 1/9 chance (11.11%) to be dropped by the Moon Lord.
The Rainbow Crystal Staff summons a temporary crystal that deals high damage to enemies within its 60-tile range. Unlike other sentry summons, the crystal floats in midair at the cursor position when summoned, rather than falling to the ground. Attacks are animated as a spread of colored light beams targeting the closest enemy. The beams themselves do not do damage; damage is dealt only by delayed explosions at the end of the beams.
Its best Modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stats bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal Critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Rainbow Crystal Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The crystal may sporadically attack through blocks, though this does not occur often.
- The light beams from the crystal will detect enemies that haven't appeared on-screen yet. This is useful for detecting which direction new enemies will appear from.
- Pressing ⚷ Open / Activate while aiming at an enemy will focus fire on that enemy until killed, or the target has been switched.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Its high damage and wide coverage is offset by the delayed explosions. Fast enemies will easily evade the damage. Limiting enemy movement is recommended to bring out the weapon's true potential.
- It is also recommended to use this weapon in situations in which enemies will clump together (e.g. the Lunar Event) as its multiple beams will target the whole group and deal massive damage.
- The Stardust Guardian proves very useful in keeping enemies in a single spot so they are hit by the delayed explosions, as it both attempts to aggro the enemies onto itself, and pulls them towards it with each attack.
- This weapon has massive range, being able to shoot enemies from off-screen. It only does so when there are no enemies closer to it.
- An effective use of this weapon is to place it high in the air where it can target more enemies.
- This can be very effective if you are building anything as the damage and range of the item can prevent enemies getting near you unless they are able to move through blocks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The quote in its tooltip, "The colors, Duke, the colors!", is a reference to a popsicle commercial.
- It has the highest base power of all sentry summons as of 1.3.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: Now considered a Sentry minion.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()