|Damage||50 / 72 (Magic)|
|Use time||25 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Casts a controllable rainbow|
The projectile it fires is a white-sparkling missile with a rainbow trail, and emits a good deal of light that rotates through the entire color spectrum. It can be controlled by holding ⚒ Use / Attack and moving the cursor. If ⚒ Use / Attack is released mid-drag, the missile will be flung in that direction. If the cursor is stationary on release, it continues along the angle formed from the player.
On the Desktop version, if any enemies are nearby, the missile will auto-target them. The missile will not disappear when touching a block if it is being manually controlled. It can move through liquids (unlike the Flamelash), and can pierce twice before exploding and dealing damage in a small area.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Rainbow Rod can also be used to light areas remotely.
- The Rainbow Rod can be used in conjunction with Binoculars to increase the range of the projectile.
- Hovering over any slots in the inventory (should it be open) will cause the loss of control of any controlled projectile, flinging it forwards in the direction the cursor was last moving.
- Unlike the Magic Missile and Flamelash, the projectile will not dissipate if it hits a surface while being controlled. Only when it is out of the player's control will it explode upon hitting a surface. This means the player does not need to be as precise when directing the projectile through caves or tight enclosures in worry of accidentally destroying the projectile.
- While being controlled, the projectile can penetrate one block downwards when there is a shallow layer of liquid covering it
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Rainbow Rod, when fired in lava or water, can travel at 82 mph, the same speed as The Black Spot.
- The projectile is a fixed size, but the trail effect may make the projectile appear larger or brighter when moving at low speeds.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Projectile appearance updated.
- Projectile moves much faster.
- Projectile now homes into enemies upon being released.
- Projectile now pierces three enemies before exploding.
- Projectile now produces a small area-of-effect explosion on impact.
- Damage decreased from 74 to 50.
- Use Time increased from 18 to 25.
- Mana cost increased from 18 to 21.
- Can now touch tiles without exploding.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated. The old sprite was .
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Base damage raised from 53 to 72.
- Mana requirement raised from 10 to 18.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.