|AI Type||Slime AI|
|Banner||Rainbow Slime Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 244
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Rainbow Slimes can also spawn on Hallowed blocks that are submerged in water.
- It deals the most damage out of all the slimes, including King Slime and Queen Slime.
- It is the largest ordinary (non-boss) slime.
- There is a greater likelihood that it will spawn when it rains and there is a Blood Moon currently active.
- If the player shoots a Rainbow Slime with a Heart Arrow, it will fade to a gray color, but will return after the effect is over.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- One way to encounter Rainbow Slimes in the hallowed forest biome is to set up a Water Candle inside the edge of the hallowed biome and wait at this location until it rains, allowing enemies to spawn off screen on non-hallowed blocks. Alternatively, hallowed blocks can be covered with snow or bricks of some kind to allow Rainbow Slimes to spawn, though this will prevent other Hallow enemies from spawning.
- Another way is to place about 200 blocks of Pearlstone, Pearlsand, or pink ice above forest surface and wait for the rain with the Water Candle and Battle Potion ready. To avoid Forest transformation to Hallow, proper spacing is required.
- Rainbow Slimes are also able to spawn on platforms, meaning that if you make a large setup using them, you have a high likelihood of discovering one.
- The platforms must be somewhere offscreen, as enemies normally cannot spawn on the same screen as the player.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Rainbow Slime: "These blessing-infused gelatin menaces glow vibrantly in a rainbow of hues. As a result, they require a constant liquid intake."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Can now spawn on Hallowed blocks.
- No longer has a chance to drop the Blessed Apple.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Can now drop the Blessed Apple.
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.