|Use time||40 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Casts fast moving razorwheels|
The Razorblade Typhoon is a Hardmode magic weapon that fires 2 large, fast, disc-shaped projectiles per-click that home in on enemies. They can pierce and ricochet any number of times, each disc lasting 2 seconds. The Razorblade Typhoon has a 1/5 (20%) chance of being dropped by Duke Fishron and can be seen as a hardmode upgrade to the Demon Scythe.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Liquids do not affect the speed of the discs.
- The discs have a much quicker homing ability than most homing weapons, and turns very quickly to track moving enemies.
- A disc can pierce unlimited enemies and even damage the same enemy any number of times due to its very high turn rate and 4x4 projectile size.
- When hitting the enemy, the disc causes 6 ticks(1/10 second) of invincibility, while most piercing projectiles cause 10 ticks(1/6 second).
- Discs will pass through walls if you are standing right next to them.
- Each disc emits just enough light to see.
- Razorblade Typhoon works best on large groups of enemies and moving targets.
- Sometimes when there are too many projectiles on the screen, such as when the Ice Queen does her "Ice Spin" attack, the Razorblade Typhoon consumes mana but does not spawn a disc.
- You can't switch weapons and armor while it fires the two discs.
- The fired discs travel at 102mph, the same speed as the Mechanical Cart.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Pairs well with Spectre Armor because of its fire-and-forget homing ability, making healing or additional DPS easy.
- Also couples well with any Magic Cuffs item for easy mana regeneration.
- Slightly unreliable against a single target if there are multiple enemies on the screen, since the projectiles may focus on other targets instead.
- Its large projectiles work well for crowd control and clearing areas of Bees or Vines.
- As with the Magical Harp, the projectiles last for a set amount of time before dissipating, regardless of how many times they bounce or hit.
- Pairs well with the Nebula armor set, as the mana regeneration booster regenerates mana as fast as you use it.
- Useful against fast moving bosses like the Empress of Light, Duke Fishron, Ice Queen, and the Lunatic Cultist due to its homing ability. It will likely cause the latter to summon Phantasm Dragons, but it quickly kills them after they spawn anyways.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The 22.214.171.124 changelog incorrectly stated that this weapon now uses more mana, while in reality it uses less mana and got reworked in general.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Increased usetime from 19 to 39.
- Now shoots 2 projectiles per use.
- Added unique sound.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Sell price increased from
2000*20 to 50000*5.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.