|Damage||48 / 58 (Magic)|
|Use time||8 (Insanely fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots razor sharp pine needles|
- Pine Needle (friendly)
The Razorpine is a post-Plantera magic weapon that rapid-fires 2-4 "pine needle" projectiles at high velocity. The projectiles drop off after a modest distance, much like Throwing Knives and the Magic Dagger, though with slightly longer range. The Razorpine has a chance of 5.19% to 7.78% to be dropped by Everscream during the Frost Moon event.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Razorpine could be considered an upgrade to the Leaf Blower, a similar weapon dropped by Plantera.
- The DPS potential of the Razorpine beats out that of nearly every other magic weapon in the game, including the Nebula Blaze, however it is harder to aim than the Nebula Blaze due to its lack of a homing effect. This makes it a great option for quickly downing tanky enemies or bosses that are slow or otherwise easy to target.
- It also does not do splash damage, meaning that it will be eventually replaced by endgame magic weapons with an area of effect, like Last Prism.
- Projectiles spawn more than one block away from the caster. This allows the caster to effectively shoot through a 1-block thick barrier in any direction when positioned close enough to the barrier. A small fraction of projectiles will spawn far enough away to bypass a 5-block thick barrier. This also allows enemies to avoid some or all of Razorpine's projectiles when they are positioned too close to the caster.
- Because of its high rate of fire, the Razorpine synergizes well with the Spectre armor. With accurate aim, using the Spectre Hood can render the player nearly invulnerable due to the massive health regeneration.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Razorpine's projectiles share their sprite with that of the Everscream's Pine Needle projectiles.
- Before 1.2.3, the Razorpine's best modifier was Godly because of its previous mana cost of 3, preventing it from getting the Mythical Modifier.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Damage decreased from 58 to 48.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Mana cost increased from 3 to 5.
- Desktop 1.2.2: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- 3DS 1.03: Introduced.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]