|Damage||48 / 58 Magic|
|Use time||8 Insanely Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots razor sharp pine needles|
- Pine Needle (friendly)
The Razorpine is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that rapid-fires "pine needle" projectiles at high speed (2-4 projectiles per tick) and at high velocity. The projectiles drop off after a modest distance, much like Throwing Knives and the Magic Dagger, though with slightly longer range. Its projectiles do not pierce multiple enemies. The Razorpine has a 5.19% - 7.78% chance to be dropped by Everscream during the Frost Moon event.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Projectiles spawn more than one block away from the caster. This allows the caster to effectively shoot through a 1-block thick barrier in any direction when positioned close enough to the barrier. A small fraction of projectiles will spawn far enough away to bypass a 5-block thick barrier. This also allows enemies to avoid some or all of Razorpine's projectiles when they are positioned too close to the caster.
- Because of its high rate of fire, the Razorpine synergizes well with the Spectre armor. With accurate aim, using the Spectre Hood can render the player nearly invulnerable due to the massive health regeneration.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Razorpine's projectiles are very similar to the Everscream's Pine Needle projectiles.
- The Razorpine could be considered an upgrade to the Leaf Blower, a similar weapon dropped by Plantera.
- Before 1.2.3, the Razorpine's best modifier was Godly because of its previous mana cost of 3. Because of that, it couldn't have any modifiers that affected mana cost.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Damage decreased from 58 to 48.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Mana cost increased from 3 to 5.
- Desktop 1.2.2: Introduced.
- 3DS 1.03: Introduced.