|Damage||80 / 160|
|Max Life||700 / 1400|
|KB Resist||40% / 46|
|Internal NPC ID: 253|
A Reaper is a Hardmode enemy that spawns during a Solar Eclipse. It will appear on the Desktop version after all Mechanical Bosses have been defeated, or on the Console version, Mobile version, and version during any solar eclipse. It will rarely drop the Death Sickle.
They are functionally similar to Wraiths, but with higher stats. They move significantly faster than Wraiths, and with the higher spawn rate of the Solar Eclipse, often attack from multiple directions at once.
Fortunately, they are quite vulnerable to knockback, and like many creatures that pass through blocks, weapons that normally don't harm enemies through blocks, like most melee weapons, will damage them.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Similar to Wraiths, they are incapable of ascending more than a few tiles above solid blocks.
- They do enough damage to be threats to even late-game armored players.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Standing on a platform several tiles above the ground or use of wings or Rocket Boots allows players to shoot down upon them with impunity if they are going to be surrounded.
- A Static Hook, obtainable from the Steampunker, provides for safe means of combating Reapers by simply remaining stationary above the ground in an open area and attacking downwards. Note that this strategy opens the player to attack from flying vampires, and leaves them stationary for an eyezor to attack.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- They follow the same AI as Wraiths.
- Similar to Eyezor, the Reaper does not allude to a single horror movie, likely being a reference to The Grim Reaper.
- The sound they make might be a reference to the "Legacy of Kain" series, when Raziel swings the spectral Soul Reaver.
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Health increased from 300 to 700.
- Defense increased from 18 to 22.
- Now spawns only after all three mechanical bosses are defeated.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Solar Eclipse Enemies |
|Swamp Thing • Vampire • Eyezor • Frankenstein • The Possessed • Fritz • Creature from the Deep|
| After defeating all
|Reaper • Mothron ( Baby Mothron • Mothron Egg )|
| After defeating
|Butcher • Nailhead • Deadly Spheres • Psycho • Dr. Man Fly|