|100% 0% 0%|
|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||21 (Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 2341|
The Reaver Shark is a pickaxe available through fishing. It is notable for being one of only two pickaxes that can be obtained before Hardmode that is capable of mining the first tier of Hardmode-exclusive ores, Cobalt and Palladium Ore. Its mining speed is 30% faster than the Molten Pickaxe, the only other pre-Hardmode pickaxe that can mine these ores. However, like the Molten Pickaxe, it is slower than some earlier pickaxes in mining blocks that are easily broken in one hit, such as Dirt.
The Reaver Shark can be obtained via Fishing in the Ocean. The chance to catch it is 1:100 with 50% Fishing power and 1:50 with 100% Fishing Power.
Its best Modifier is Light for harvesting purposes, and Legendary for combat purposes.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Reaver Shark is relatively easy to obtain. A Reinforced Fishing Pole with some worms, butterflies, grubs or other bait is all that's needed. Sonar Potions can be created using ingredients found near the ocean and are very helpful too.
- Every other pre-Hardmode pickaxe can be skipped once it is acquired. It will require first obtaining the Merchant NPC, purchasing his Bug Net to acquire Bait, and then having some luck while Fishing in the Ocean.
- The Reaver Shark is an alternative to crafting the Nightmare Pickaxe/Deathbringer Pickaxe, which would require defeating the Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu for crafting ingredients. All three pickaxes are able to mine Ebonstone, Crimstone, Desert Fossil, Obsidian, Hellstone, and Dungeon Bricks.
- Since the Reaver Shark makes the crafting of Hellstone Bars (and related items) possible at any stage of the game, acquiring it early is invaluable in Expert mode.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It bears some visual resemblance to a Hammerhead shark.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.