|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
|Use time||22 (Fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 2341
On Console, Old-gen console, Mobile, and , it can mine Obsidian and Hellstone, which would otherwise require fighting the Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu to craft the Nightmare or Deathbringer Pickaxe. Hellstone Bars allow the player to craft Hellstone equipment, which is a major skip of typical gameplay progression.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes and Legendary for combat purposes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite a faster swing speed, the Reaver Shark has the same mining speed as the Molten Pickaxe; both are still somewhat slow in mining blocks that are easily broken in one hit, such as Dirt.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Reaver Shark is relatively easy to obtain. A Reinforced Fishing Pole with some bait is all that is needed. Sonar Potions can be created using ingredients found near the Ocean and are very helpful too.
- Since the Reaver Shark makes the crafting of Hellstone Bars (and related equipment) possible at any stage of the game, acquiring it early is invaluable in Expert Mode.
- Although being a pickaxe, the Reaver Shark can be a useful weapon during early game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It bears some visual resemblance to a hammerhead shark. The most notable difference is that the Reaver Shark has its head in a vertical direction instead of a horizontal direction. This being said, however, the Reaver Shark is not a real creature.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Pickaxe power reduced from 100 to 59.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.