|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||22 Fast|
- Internal Item ID: 2341
The Reaver Shark is a pickaxe available through Fishing in the Ocean. It is notable for being the strongest Pre-Hardmode pickaxe. The chance to catch it is 1/100 (1%) with 50% Fishing Power and 1/50 (2%) with 100% Power.
Obtaining the Reaver Shark can be a crucial step in gameplay progression by removing the need to defeat the Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu. These bosses are normally a step to obtain the Nightmare or Deathbringer Pickaxe which in turn allows the player to mine Obsidian and Hellstone for Hellstone Bars. The Reaver Shark, however, is also powerful enough to mine Obsidian and Hellstone, allowing the player to obtain Hellstone equipment without fighting any bosses.
The Reaver Shark is also one of only two Pre-Hardmode pickaxes capable of mining the first tier of Hardmode-exclusive ores, Cobalt and Palladium Ore. The other pickaxe able to do this is the Molten Pickaxe.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes and Legendary for combat purposes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Reaver Shark is relatively easy to obtain. A Reinforced Fishing Pole with some bait is all that's needed. Sonar Potions can be created using ingredients found near the Ocean and are very helpful too.
- Since the Reaver Shark makes the crafting of Hellstone Bars (and related) equipment possible at any stage of the game, acquiring it early is invaluable in Expert mode .
- Despite a faster swing speed, the Reaver Shark has the same mining speed as the Molten Pickaxe; both are still somewhat slow in mining blocks that are easily broken in one hit, such as Dirt.
- Although being a pickaxe, the Reaver Shark can be a useful weapon during early game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It bears some visual resemblance to a hammerhead shark. The most notable difference is that the Reaver Shark has its mouth in a vertical direction instead of a horizontal direction.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.