|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||21 Fast|
- Internal Item ID: 2341
The Reaver Shark is a pickaxe available through fishing. It is notable for being one of only two pickaxes that can be obtained before Hardmode while being capable of mining the first tier of Hardmode-exclusive ores, Cobalt and Palladium Ore. However, like the Molten Pickaxe, the only other pre-Hardmode pickaxe that can mine these ores, it is slower than some earlier pickaxes in mining blocks that are easily broken in one hit, such as Dirt.
Its best Modifier is Light for harvesting purposes, and Legendary for combat purposes.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Every other pre-Hardmode pickaxe can be skipped once it is acquired. It will require first obtaining a Bug Net, acquired from the Merchant NPC, or finding one in Chests randomly scattered throughout the world to get Bait, and then having some luck while fishing in the Ocean.
- The Reaver Shark is an alternative to crafting the Nightmare Pickaxe/Deathbringer Pickaxe, which would require defeating the Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu for crafting ingredients. All three pickaxes are able to mine Ebonstone, Crimstone, Desert Fossil, Obsidian, Hellstone, and Dungeon Bricks.
- Since the Reaver Shark makes the crafting of Hellstone Bars (and related items) possible at any stage of the game, acquiring it early is invaluable in Expert mode .
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It bears some visual resemblance to a Hammerhead shark.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.