We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Damage|| 50 / 100 (melee) |
160 / 320 (trident)
|Max Life||600 / 1200|
|KB Resist||50% / 55|
|Internal NPC ID: 156|
The Red Devil is a Hardmode enemy that spawns in The Underworld after any one Mechanical Boss has been defeated. It is considered a more difficult version of the Demon, having more health and dealing much more damage. Like Demons, they sometimes drop a magic weapon with their same mode of attack, namely the Unholy Trident.
While the Red Devil itself does not cause much damage on contact, its trident attack is capable of dealing large amounts of damage even to players in end game armor. These tridents are fired in the same burst-like pattern that Demons fire scythes in, although they are slower and move at a constant velocity.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Red Devils will spawn prior to Hardmode on the Console version and mobile version, if the Mechanical Bosses are defeated prior to the Wall of Flesh.
- Red Devils can even pose a threat to end game players, because of the massive amounts of damage their tridents can deal.
- Due to their relatively low knockback resist, they can be easily stunlocked with rapid-fire weapons, such as Megashark or Chain Gun. That still allows them to fire tridents, however.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Sprite updated.
- Now has its own unique banner.
- 22.214.171.124: Now has a chance to drop a Demon Banner.
- 1.2: Introduced.