“Conjuring potent spears of dark magic, these elite demons are a serious threat to any who dare enter their abode.
— The Bestiary
The Red Devil is a Hardmode enemy that spawns in The Underworld after any mechanical boss has been defeated. It is considered a more difficult version of the Demon, having more health and dealing much more damage. Similar to the Demon, it drops a magic weapon resembling its means of attack, the Unholy Trident.
While the contact damage of a Red Devil is comparably low, its trident attack is capable of dealing large amounts of damage even to players wearing endgame armor. The tridents are fired in the same burst-like pattern that Demons fire scythes in, although they are slower and move at a constant velocity.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Red Devils will spawn prior to Hardmode if a mechanical boss is defeated prior to the Wall of Flesh.
- Their projectiles are extremely powerful in Master Mode, often being able to kill the player in one or two hits even with high defense.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to their relatively low knockback resistance, they can be easily stun-locked with rapid-fire weapons, such as Megashark or Chain Gun. However, this method still allows them to fire tridents.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Sprite updated.
- Now has its own unique banner.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Now has a chance to drop a Demon Banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.