The Red Devil is a Hardmode enemy that spawns in The Underworld after any mechanical boss has been defeated. It is considered a more difficult version of the Demon, having more health and dealing much more damage. Similar to the Demon, it drops a magic weapon resembling its means of attack, the Unholy Trident.
While the contact damage of a Red Devil is comparably low, its trident attack is capable of dealing large amounts of damage even to players wearing endgame armor. The tridents are fired in the same burst-like pattern that Demons fire scythes in, although they are slower and move at a constant velocity.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Red Devils will spawn prior to Hardmode if a mechanical boss is defeated prior to the Wall of Flesh.
- Their projectiles are extremely powerful in Master Mode, often being able to kill the player in one or two hits even with high defense.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to their relatively low knockback resistance, they can be easily stun-locked with rapid-fire weapons, such as Megashark or Chain Gun. However, this method still allows them to fire tridents.
- If close enough, it is recommended to take the melee damage from the Red Devil in order to use the invulnerability to dodge the tridents fired. This should be considered frequently when using the melee class.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Red Devil: "Conjuring potent spears of dark magic, these elite demons are a serious threat to any who dare enter their abode."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Sprite updated.
- Now has its own unique banner.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Now has a chance to drop a Demon Banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.