The Red Devil is a Hardmode enemy that spawns in The Underworld after any Mechanical Boss has been defeated. It is considered a more difficult version of the Demon, having more health and dealing much more damage. Similar to a Demon, it drops a magic weapon resembling its mean of attack, the Unholy Trident.
While the contact damage of a Red Devil is comparably low, its trident attack is capable of dealing large amounts of damage even to players wearing endgame armor. The tridents are fired in the same burst-like pattern that Demons fire scythes in, although they are slower and move at a constant velocity.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Red Devils will spawn prior to Hardmode if the Mechanical Bosses are defeated prior to the Wall of Flesh.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to their relatively low knockback resistance, they can be easily stun-locked with rapid-fire weapons, such as Megashark or Chain Gun. That still allows them to fire tridents, however.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Sprite updated.
- Now has its own unique banner.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Now has a chance to drop a Demon Banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.