The item(s) or effects described on this page exist as functional game items, but cannot be acquired through normal gameplay.
The Red Potion is a buff potion that inflicts the Darkness, Poisoned, Cursed, On Fire!, Weak, Confused, Slow, Silenced, Broken Armor, Bleeding, and Suffocation debuffs on the player that consumed it for 60 minutes / 2 hours , effectively killing the player.
- It is only available via 3rd party Editing.
- This is the only potion that inflicts more than two buffs or debuffs.
- With the Ankh Charm, it is possible to remove most of the debuffs, however, the On Fire! and Suffocation debuffs won't be removed. (The player can still remove both the On Fire! and Suffocation debuffs by going into the water and talking to the Nurse.)
- In the Mobile version of Terraria, if you try to hack in a Red Potion, it will turn into a re-sprited Angel Statue.
- This is a testing item that was changed before the release of the 1.2.2 update to test giving ordinary players debuffs instead of buffs.
- It replaced the Soul Scythe in the game's code.
- There is an 'R' on the potion's lid, most likely a reference to its name.