Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
- Internal Item ID: 678
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although previously only obtainable through inventory editors, as of Desktop 22.214.171.124, the Red Potion can generate in Chests in worlds created with the World Seed 05162020 (1/30 (3.33%) chance) and the world seed For The Worthy (1/10 (10%) chance).
- With the Ankh Charm and the Ankh Shield, it is possible to remove most of the debuffs. Although On Fire! and Suffocation are not removed by the Ankh Charm and the Ankh Shield, going into water and healing at the Nurse will remove these two as well.
- The Red Potion remains normally unobtainable on the mobile edition of Terraria.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Drinking Red Potions next to the nurse can be an easy way to get the Frequent Flyer Achievement, as you can easily acquire a lot of debuffs very quickly.
- As of 126.96.36.199 the rapidly increasing costs of the Nurse's services make this unnecessary.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Red Potion is a testing item which was changed before the release of the 1.2.2 update to test giving ordinary players debuffs instead of buffs.
- Tipsy is an example of a current obtainable debuff that can be inflicted by consuming potions, which most likely exists thanks to this test.
- It replaced the Soul Scythe in the game's code when it was introduced.
- Apart from the Flask of Gold, the Red Potion is the only potion with a golden lid.
- It is the only potion that inflicts more than two debuffs.
- The Red Potion directly references Redigit, Terraria's lead developer.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now be researched.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Now obtainable without the usage of inventory editors through special seed.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: No longer turns into a resprited Angel Statue.