The item(s) or effects described on this page exist as functional game items, but cannot be acquired through normal gameplay.
- Internal Item ID: 678
The Red Potion is a debuff potion that inflicts the Darkness, Poisoned, Cursed, On Fire!, Weak, Confused, Slow, Silenced, Broken Armor, Bleeding, and Suffocation debuffs on the player that consumed it for 1 hour / 2 hours, effectively killing the player.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is only available via third party Inventory editors.
- This is the only potion that inflicts more than two debuffs.
- With the Ankh Charm, it is possible to remove most of the debuffs, however, the On Fire! and Suffocation debuffs won't be removed. (The player can still remove both the On Fire! and Suffocation debuffs by going into the water and healing from the Nurse.)
- In the Mobile version of Terraria, if you try to hack in a Red Potion, it will turn into a resprited Angel Statue.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is a testing item that was changed before the release of the 1.2.2 update to test giving ordinary players debuffs instead of buffs.
- Tipsy is an example of a current obtainable debuff that can be inflicted by consuming potions, which most likely exists thanks to this test.
- It replaced the Soul Scythe in the game's code when it was introduced.
- There is an 'R' on the potion's lid, most likely a reference to its name.
- It is the only non-flask potion to have a gold top. Flask of Gold does have a gold top, if you include flasks.
- It is possibly the terraria equivalent of Minecraft's notch apple, as both are named after the lead developer of their respective games.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.