The item(s) or effects described on this page exist as functional game items, but cannot be acquired through normal gameplay.
- Internal Item ID: 678
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The potion is only available via third party inventory editors.
- With the Ankh Charm, it is possible to remove most of the debuffs. Although On Fire! and Suffocation are not removed by the Ankh Charm, going into water and healing at the Nurse will remove these two as well.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Red Potion is a testing item which was changed before the release of the 1.2.2 update to test giving ordinary players debuffs instead of buffs.
- Tipsy is an example of a current obtainable debuff that can be inflicted by consuming potions, which most likely exists thanks to this test.
- It replaced the Soul Scythe in the game's code when it was introduced.
- Apart from the Flask of Gold, the Red Potion is the only potion with a golden lid.
- It is the only potion that inflicts more than two debuffs.
- The Red Potion directly references Redigit, Terraria's lead developer.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: No longer turns into a resprited Angel Statue.