Red Riding armor
|Set Bonus||Increases your max number of sentries|
Greatly enhances Explosive Traps effectiveness
The Red Riding armor is a ranger-oriented armor set purchased from the Tavernkeep for
2250000*225 (set), after Golem has been defeated. The set consists of the Red Riding Hood, Red Riding Dress and Red Riding Leggings. Wearing the full set will cause Explosive Traps to attack much faster (from every 1.83 seconds to every 0.67 seconds) and to have a 1/2 chance to inflict 4-9 seconds of the Oiled debuff, making enemies take increased damage from On Fire!, Cursed Inferno, Frostburn and Shadowflame.
A full set of Red Riding armor will provide the following stats:
- +48 defense
- +25% ranged damage
- +60% minion damage
- +10% ranged critical strike chance
- +20% movement speed
- +3 extra sentry slots.
The Red Riding armor set is a direct upgrade of the Huntress armor set.
Set[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although it seems the Red Riding Dress provides a greater increase of raw ranged damage than the Shroomite Breastplate, the Shroomite Breastplate has an unlisted +13% ranged damage bonus in addition to its +13 ranged critical strike.
- The total bonus to max number of sentries is +3, allowing 4 to be summoned at once.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While an enemy is oiled, it is possible to deal 883 overtime damage per second if using daybreak, switching between the shadow hex doll and shooting frost burn arrows when needed, plus using flask of cursed inferno and equipping magma stone or fire gauntlet.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This armor set is a reference to the Huntress' Red Riding Hood costume in Dungeon Defenders II.
- It is also a reference to the fairy tale Little Red Riding Hood.
- This set is a powerful hybrid between ranged and summoning fighting types. Its ranged bonuses and defense exceed those of Chlorophyte armor and Hallowed armor but it lags significantly behind Shroomite armor, with a much lower critical strike chance.
- However, it has significant boosts to minions, both sentries and regular minions. When combined with the Necromantic Scroll and Papyrus Scarab, a player can have significant ranged damage boosts combined with, for instance, 3 boosted Xeno Staff summons. By the time you gain the Stardust Cell Staff or Stardust Dragon Staff, Red Riding armor can begin to significantly outperform Shroomite armor due to its minion damage.
- The Explosive Trap sentry summons, ordinarily a poor choice due to being stationary and slow, become far more powerful with this set. It attacks much more rapidly and can reach damage levels around 250 before critical hits. Placing four of them around you (or below you, if flying) during moon events can help you soar through the early stages.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.