|Buff tooltip||Riding the red nosed reindeer|
The Reindeer Bells are a Hardmode, post-Plantera mount summon item. The rideable Rudolph character it summons greatly speeds a player's movement and adds the ability to fly. It has a 0.56% - 0.83% chance to be dropped by the Ice Queen during or after wave 15 of the Frost Moon event.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Rudolph allows the character to run and fly faster than the maximum speed attainable from accessory items, and also stacks with them. It's faster than most wings, even when running on the ground.
- When the buff is active, fall damage is canceled.
- Flying left or right allows Rudolph to climb to much greater heights than flying directly upwards.
- The top running speed of Rudolph is 61mph.
- Rudolph's nose gives off a little bit of light.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Riding Rudolph causes slightly inconsistent behavior when interacting with ground tiles. While on Rudolph, the player will still trigger player-activated pressure plates, but the player will not travel nearly as fast on asphalt as the player would unmounted. In order to obtain maximum speed, the player would have to run down an asphalt runway with movement speed buffs, such as the Panic! buff and Lightning Boots. The runway would transition into a Frozen Slime Block slide where the player could then mount Rudolph and retain the extra movement speed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Rudolph was the first mount introduced to Terraria.
- When you stay still for a while, Rudolph eats grass while it waits.
- The only mount which are available in all different platform versions of Terraria are Rudolph. (Bee Mount being the 2nd closest, even though it is not in the 3DS version.) Other mounts are limited to certain versions.
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4:
- Rudolph no longer flies the moment he touches down if the jump button is held.
- Fixed a bug where Rudolph could sometimes regain the ability to double jump while flying.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Buff name misspelling ("Rudoplh") fixed.
- Desktop 1.2.2: Introduced.