Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
(Redirected from Reinforced Fishing Pole)
|Use time||8 Insanely Fast|
Types[edit | edit source]
|Crafted: 8 ( @ )||5%||9|
|Crafted: 8 ( @ / )||15%||11|
|Crafted: 8 ( @ / )||20%||13|
|Crafted: 8 ( @ / )||22%||13.5|
|Obtained from Oasis Crate||25%||15|
|Dropped by Wandering Eye Fishes and Zombie Mermen||25%||15||
|Can be found in Jungle Shrines, Living Mahogany Trees, or Jungle Crates||27%||14|
|Sold by Mechanic during Hardmode (
|Sold randomly by Traveling Merchant (
|1/75 chance of being obtained in Hardmode from the Angler after 25 quests||45%||16.5|
|Angler reward after exactly 30 / 50 quests, or 1/250 chance after 75 quests||50%||17|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The only way to get the Obsidifish and Flarefin Koi is by fishing in lava with a Hotline Fishing Hook, so mass production of Inferno Potions makes the Hotline Fishing Hook integral.
- This does not apply to the Desktop version, as you can now get lava bait to fish in lava with any rod as of version 18.104.22.168.
- The Chum Caster will increase the chance of hooking an enemy during a Blood Moon from 1/6 to 1/3.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite the Golden Fishing Rod having more fishing power than the Hotline Fishing Hook, it cannot fish in lava without lava bait.
- As of 22.214.171.124, any fishing pole can now fish in lava using Lava Critters. However, the Hotline Fishing Hook can still be used to fish in lava even with non-lava bait.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- A Lava Critter can now be used to fish in lava with Fishing Rods other than the Hotline Fishing Rod.
- Chum Caster and Scarab Fishing Rod added.
- 5 new enemies can now be fished in water during a Blood Moon.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Golden Fishing Rod only requires 30 completed quests now (instead of 50).
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Fixed a bug where trying to use a Fishing Pole while pulling a snapped line would make the bobber appear again.
- You can now place Fishing Poles in the Weapon Rack.
- Fixed a bug where fishing bobbers would not disappear when you die.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Golden Fishing Rod only requires 30 completed quests now (instead of 50). ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Golden Fishing Rod only requires 30 completed quests now (instead of 50). ()
- Console 1.07: Introduced with changes from Desktop 220.127.116.11.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes from Desktop 18.104.22.168.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124:
- Golden Fishing Rod only requires 30 completed quests now (instead of 50).
- The Fiberglass Fishing Pole can no longer be found inside Jungle Sanctums, as they have been removed.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced with changes from Desktop 126.96.36.199.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with changes from Desktop 188.8.131.52.