The only kind of wood I would bother dyeing is RICH Mahogany. Dyeing any other wood is such a waste.
— Dye Trader
Rich Mahogany is a species of wood exclusive to the Jungle and Underground Jungle . It can be used in most of the same recipes normal wood can, generally with jungle-themed results.
Rich Mahogany trees do not normally drop any sort of acorn/nut to replant them, but will instead regrow on their own in the Jungle biomes. However, if any branches of a Mahogany Tree are over a Grass tile they can sometimes drop Acorns when chopped down.
Do note that Rich Mahogany tools are more powerful than their classic Wood counterparts. This is also true of Shadewood, Ebonwood and Pearlwood tools.
These recipes use "any wood" (any combination of the various forms of wood).
- Mahogany is a real-world tropical wood which is indigenous to rain forests.
- Rich Mahogany is the only wood without "wood" in its name.
- While both regular wood and rich mahogany possess a "living" variant, only regular wood has living furniture variants.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Used to craft Rich Mahogany Clock and Rich Mahogany Sofa.
- Desktop 1.2.3: More rich mahogany furniture and lighting introduced.