- This article is about the ammunition. For the novelty furniture items, see Firework Rocket.
Rockets are a Hardmode, post-Plantera type of ammunition which are sold by the Cyborg. The Rocket I variant is also dropped by Plantera when it drops the Grenade Launcher. Most Launchers use Rockets as ammunition.
There are twelve () / four ( ) varieties, each with two significant defining traits: area of effect, and the ability to destroy tiles. Rockets I and II have a small area of effect, closest to that of a Bomb or Grenade, while Rockets III and IV have an area similar to the blast radius of Dynamite. Rockets I and III will leave tiles unaffected, while II and IV will break blocks and furniture in their blast radius (except for explosion-proof objects).
A rocket's splash damage will harm its user if they are caught in the blast radius. These explosions will not affect other players unless they have PvP enabled, however.
Variants[edit | edit source]
|Type||Damage||Availability||Rarity||Source||Normal Blast Radius||Destroys Tiles|
Internal Item ID: 771
|40 / 35||Always||Purchased from Cyborg (
Internal Item ID: 772
|40||Blood Moon||Purchased from Cyborg (
Internal Item ID: 773
|65 / 55||Night||Purchased from Cyborg (
Internal Item ID: 774
|65 / 69||Solar Eclipse||Purchased from Cyborg (
|Cluster Rocket I
Internal Item ID: 4445
|50||Post-Martian Madness||Purchased from Cyborg (
|Cluster Rocket II
Internal Item ID: 4446
|50||Post-Martian Madness and during Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse||Purchased from Cyborg (
Internal Item ID: 4459
|40||Always||Purchased from Cyborg (
Internal Item ID: 4447
|40||Always||( @ / )||Tiny||(Creates water)|
Internal Item ID: 4448
|40||Always||( @ )||Tiny||(Creates Lava)|
Internal Item ID: 4449
|40||Always||( @ )||Tiny||(Creates Honey)|
|Mini Nuke I
Internal Item ID: 4457
|75||Always||100 + ( @ )||Huge|
|Mini Nuke II
Internal Item ID: 4458
|75||Always||100 + ( @ )||Huge|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Some rockets have unusual behavior in certain launchers, including transforming rockets into different kinds of projectiles with unusual behaviors. This table lists how some of the basic properties of the rocket variants are affected by the different rocket-using launchers. Additional info on how and why some of these changes happen can be found on the launchers' individual pages.
and Mini Nuke II
|Mini Nuke I/II
|Cluster Rocket I/II
Internal Item ID: 758
Internal Item ID: 759
|Proximity Mine Launcher
Internal Item ID: 760
Internal Item ID: 1946
|Tiny||Large||Huge||No damage dealt||Small|
Internal Item ID: 2796
Internal Item ID: 3546
Internal Item ID: 3930
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Snowman Cannon, Electrosphere Launcher, Celebration, and Celebration Mk2 do not damage the user.
- All rockets stack up to 999.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to its large blast radius, using the Mini Nuke 2 with Celebration Mk2 can be an effective way of mining. However, it may suffer in accuracy compared to more traditional mining tools such as the Shroomite Digging Claw or the Drill Containment Unit.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Wet Rocket, Dry Rocket, Lava Rocket, Honey Rocket, Cluster Rocket I & II, Mini nuke I & II added.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Rocket I damage increased from 35 to 40, Rocket III from 55 to 65, Rocket IV from 60 to 65.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.