|Use time||29 Average|
- Internal Item ID: 759
The Rocket Launcher is a Hardmode, post-Plantera Launcher that fires explosive Rockets. It has a 5.56% / 8.83% ( (1/18) / (1/12) ) chance of being dropped by Skeleton Commandos, which only spawn in the Dungeon after Plantera is defeated. Its Rocket ammunition can be purchased from the Cyborg, which similarly becomes available after defeating Plantera. If used with Rocket II or Rocket IV ammunition, the explosions will destroy blocks, thus allowing the Rocket Launcher to be used for digging and terraformation.
Its projectiles are not affected by gravity, and leave a trail of red smoke before exploding on impact.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All rockets have splash damage that will harm the player if fired too close. It will not damage other players unless PvP is enabled.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When used with Rocket IVs, the tunnels created by the launcher are wide enough to completely cut off Corruption, Crimson or Hallow. It should be noted, though, that thorny bushes can still grow in the remaining tunnel, spreading their respective biome over it.
- If one is using the launcher solely for terraformation, consider reforging it to a negative modifier (Awful, Broken etc.) to minimize the damage received by rockets accidentally exploding too close (eg. by hitting a bat).
- Its stronger homing counterpart is the Snowman Cannon.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Rocket Launcher will now drop off of the Skeleton Commando.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.