|Use time||30 Average|
- Internal Item ID: 759
The Rocket Launcher is a Hardmode, post-Plantera Launcher that fires explosive Rockets. It has a 5.56% (1/18) / 8.83% (1/12) chance of being dropped by Skeleton Commandos, which only spawn in the Dungeon after Plantera is defeated. Its Rocket ammunition can be purchased from the Cyborg, which similarly becomes available after defeating Plantera.
The projectiles of the Rocket Launcher are not affected by gravity, and leave a trail of gray and orange smoke before exploding upon impact.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All Rockets deal splash damage that will harm the player if fired too close. It will not damage other players unless PvP is enabled.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Rocket Launcher with Rocket IIs or Rocket IVs, it can be used for efficient terraforming.
- When used with Rocket IVs, the tunnels created by the Rocket Launcher are wide enough to completely cut off Corruption, Crimson or Hallow. It should be noted, though, that thorny bushes can still grow in the remaining tunnel, spreading their respective biome over it.
- The Rocket Launcher should not be used for Terraforming. If one insist to, the Snowman Cannon is better because it cannot damage the player.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its stronger homing counterpart is the Snowman Cannon.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Rocket Launcher will now drop off of the Skeleton Commando.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.