Ruined Houses are common structures generated at world creation in The Underworld. They are towers with several levels each, constructed with missing parts for a "ruined" look. Ruined Houses are built from Obsidian Brick or Hellstone Brick and Obsidian Brick Walls. They occur frequently, but only in the middle 50% of the Underworld. There are no Ruined Houses at the extreme left and right of the Underworld (the final 25% of the Underworld on each side). Ruined Houses are often partially (sometimes completely) flooded with Lava.
Ruined Houses commonly contain several Pots, Hellforges, Demon Torches, Obsidian Furniture items, Paintings, and decorative Banners. They also often contain locked Shadow Chests (nearly all Shadow Chests occur within or on top of Ruined Houses). Hellstone is commonly found among the Ash Blocks beside Ruined Houses.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Banners[edit | edit source]
Paintings[edit | edit source]
|2×3||10||J. T. Myhre||Reaper portrait.|
|2×3||10||n/a||The back of a Yu-Gi-Oh! card.|
|3×2||10||J. T. Myhre||A demon's eye.|
|3×2||10||A. Craig||Underworld landscape.|
|3×3||10||J. T. Myhre||A hand reaching out from the ground.|
|3×3||10||J. T. Myhre||A Fire Imp's face.|
|6×4||10||W. Garner||Lava pool under Forest land.|
|3×2||10||A. Craig||A piece of the Wall of Flesh.|
|3×3||10||A. Craig||A Reaper flying over an Underworld landscape.|
|3×3||10||A. Craig||Crescent moon and stars.|
|3×3||10||J. T. Myhre||Bone Serpent head.|
|2×3||10||J. T. Myhre||An unhappy ghost trapped in limbo.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The furniture found in ruined houses, with the exception of Demon Torches, is not dislodged by contact with lava, unlike most other furniture. These items can still be destroyed by throwing them into lava in item form.
- Due to the fact that Hellstone Bricks cause the Burning debuff, Ruined Houses made of Hellstone Bricks are effectively inaccessible until an Obsidian Skull or one of its upgrades is obtained.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: Added Obsidian Clock, Obsidian Candelabra, Obsidian Lantern, Obsidian Chandelier, Obsidian Dresser, Obsidian Lamp, Obsidian Sofa, Obsidian Bathtub, Obsidian Candle
- Wood Platforms replaced by Obsidian Platforms.
- Added Obsidian Chair, Obsidian Table, Obsidian Work Bench, Obsidian Bed, Obsidian Bookcase, Obsidian Vase, Paintings, Banners, and other decorative items.
- Changed generation; there are no longer holes in the background, and rooms can be generated horizontally.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Now spawn differently. They often spawn as all Obsidian Brick, and they can now get really tall.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.