|Type||Accessory – Tool|
|Tooltip||Creates measurement lines on screen for block placement|
|Buy / Sell||1 / 20|
|Internal Item ID: 486|
|Desktop/Console/Old-gen console-Only Content: This information applies only to the Desktop, Console, and Old-gen console versions of Terraria.|
The Ruler is an accessory purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer for 1 . It aides intricate construction, as less trial and error is involved in judging distances, symmetry, and achieving a desired block layout.
- Displays a line or L-shaped overlay showing x and y distance from the player to the mouse.
- Operates identically to the Mechanical Ruler .
The Ruler's effect is purely visual and only affects the player who has it equipped.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although the Ruler's purpose is primarily referential, it can be Reforged to have any of the usual accessory Modifiers.
- The ruler effect can be disabled by using the Ruler Off icon in the upper left corner of the user interface.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: New Function, now creates measuring lines instead of displaying a grid. For the previous functionality, see Mechanical Ruler.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.