|Damage||85 / 77 Ranged|
|Knockback||2.5 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||5 Insanely Fast|
|Tooltip||66% chance to not consume ammo|
'It came from the edge of space'
- Internal Item ID: 1553
The S.D.M.G. (or Space Dolphin Machine Gun) is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord gun. It can be considered an endgame upgrade of the Megashark, with a slightly faster firing rate, a 66% / 50% chance to not consume ammunition, and a noticeably higher damage output. Its abilities are also similar to those of the Chain Gun, but it is more precise and deals significantly more damage, but with a slightly slower rate of fire. It has a 1/9 (11.11%) chance to be dropped by the Moon Lord.
The S.D.M.G. has a base 14% critical strike chance as opposed to the usual 4%.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Its 66% / 50% chance to not consume ammo stacks with similar bonuses.
- Shots fired from the S.D.M.G. emit a moderate amount of light for their entire path.
- Despite the 66% / 50% chance not to consume ammo, its fire rate can still consume a stack of ammo fairly quickly.
- In the Old-gen console version and , the S.D.M.G. is versionunobtainable without the use of glitching or inventory editing. Its stats in these versions are far worse than in the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The S.D.M.G. has excellent synergy with the Luminite Bullets piercing capabilities. This compliments the S.D.M.G.'s high rate of fire and accuracy for crowd control.
- The S.D.M.G also pairs well with Chlorophyte Bullets. The homing abilities make it easier to hit small targets or dangerous enemies, and the extremely high base damage could easily whittle down enemies. Also, because Chlorophyte Bullets cost a lot to make, the S.D.M.G. helps to conserve resources and ammo.
- With Luminite Bullets, and the Vortex armor in stealth mode, the S.D.M.G. can take down the Moon Lord fairly quickly. Chlorophyte Bullets can do even better due to the homing capabilities.
- Using Ichor Bullets are a cheap and powerful alternative to Luminite Bullets. The base 13 bullet damage plus Ichor Debuff make it a great weapon against powerful enemies such as bosses.
- When combined with the full Vortex Armor set and activating the stealth ability, it's possible to achieve at least 200-300 damage per non-critical shot even against Moon Lord.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the game Edge of Space (hence the subtext 'It came from the edge of space'), in which Terraria is also referenced.
- This weapon goes along with the theme of aquatic automatic weapons, along with the Minishark, Gatligator, and Megashark.
- Prior to 1.3, this item was unobtainable, but functional if edited in.
See also[edit | edit source]
S.D.M.G at Official Edge of Space Wiki.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Damage increased from 77 to 85.
- Chance to not consume ammo increased from 50% to 66%.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Made obtainable, now drops from Moon Lord.
- Damage increased from 35 to 77.
- Critical strike chance increased from 4% to 14%.
- Use time decreased from 6 to 5.
- Rarity increased from Yellow to Red.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced, but unobtainable without the use of inventory editors, mods, or cheats.