The item(s) or effects described on this page exist as functional game items, but, on the Old-gen console version and , cannot be acquired through normal gameplay. version
|Damage||85 / 77 / 35 (Ranged)|
|Knockback||2.5 (Very weak)|
|Critical chance||14% /|
|Use time||5 (Insanely fast) /|
6 (Insanely fast)
|Tooltip||66% chance to not consume ammo|
'It came from the edge of space'
- Internal Item ID: 1553
The S.D.M.G. (Space Dolphin Machine Gun) is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord gun. It can be considered an endgame upgrade of the Megashark, with a slightly faster firing rate, a 66% / 50% chance not to consume ammunition, and a noticeably higher damage output. Its abilities are also similar to those of the Chain Gun, but it is more precise and deals significantly more damage, though with a slightly slower rate of fire. It has a 1/9 (11.11%) chance to be dropped by the Moon Lord.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Its 66% / 50% chance not to consume ammo stacks with similar bonuses.
- Despite the high chance not to consume ammo, its fire rate can still consume a stack of ammo fairly quickly.
- Shots fired from the S.D.M.G. emit a moderate amount of light for their entire path.
- In the Old-gen console version and , the S.D.M.G. is versionunobtainable without the use of glitching or inventory editing. Its stats in these versions are vastly inferior to the stats in the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The S.D.M.G. has excellent synergy with the Luminite Bullets' piercing capabilities, since they compliment the S.D.M.G.'s high rate of fire and accuracy for crowd control.
- It has great synergy with Crystal Bullets, as the high accuracy of the gun allows for the shards to consistently hit large enemies.
- The S.D.M.G also pairs well with Chlorophyte Bullets. The homing abilities make it easier to hit small targets or dangerous enemies, and the extremely high base damage could easily whittle down enemies. Also, because crafting Chlorophyte Bullets is rather costly, the S.D.M.G. helps to conserve resources.
- With Luminite Bullets and the Vortex armor in stealth mode, the S.D.M.G. can take down the Moon Lord fairly quickly. Chlorophyte Bullets can do even better due to the homing capabilities.
- When combined with the full Vortex armor set and activating the stealth ability, it is possible to achieve at least 200–300 damage per non-critical shot even against Moon Lord.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the game Edge of Space (hence the subtext "It came from the edge of space"), in which Terraria is also referenced.
- This weapon goes along with the theme of aquatic automatic weapons, along with the Minishark, Gatligator, and Megashark.
- Prior to 1.3, this item was unobtainable, but functional if edited in.
See also[edit | edit source]
- S.D.M.G at the Official Edge of Space Wiki.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated. Old sprite was:
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Damage increased from 77 to 85.
- Chance to not consume ammo increased from 50% to 66%.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Made obtainable, now drops from Moon Lord.
- Damage increased from 35 to 77.
- Critical strike chance increased from 4% to 14%.
- Use time decreased from 6 to 5.
- Rarity increased from Yellow to Red.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced, but unobtainable without the use of inventory editors, mods, or cheats.