|AI Type||Sand Elemental AI|
|Banner||Sand Elemental Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 541
Sand Elementals attack by summoning three Ancient Storms randomly around the general location of the player. The distance between them varies, and they remain stationary for their lifespan. Sand Elementals can't travel through blocks, and fly in a non-linear pattern. They attempt to move towards the player and get faster as their health depletes.
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Ancient Storms cannot pass through blocks. Standing underneath a platform of solid blocks will make the Elemental unable to hit the player with her Ancient Storms.
- Using the Rod of Discord to teleport to the other side of the Ancient Storms may be useful; however, it inflicts the debuff Chaos State after repeated use so the player should be careful with how often they use it.
- The Sand Elemental deals much more damage with her Ancient Storms than by contact, which can be exploited to avoid most of her damage through invincibility frames.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Elementals are magical entities who embody/personify a force of nature. Historically, elementals personify one of the four Classical elements: earth, water, air or fire (sometimes plant, but never Aether). Dungeons & Dragons introduced elementals that were fusions, and other unconventional elementals.
- The Sand Elemental is the only Hardmode surface Desert enemy that has no Corruption, Crimson and Hallow variations.
- Similar to the Dreadnautilus and the Ice Golem, the Sand Elemental is not a boss or mini-boss even though it has stats comparable to a boss. This is evidenced by its lack of a health bar and the fact that it drops a banner, not a trophy and the fact that it does not drop a Relic in Master Mode.
- The Bestiary entry for the Sand Elemental: "The most intense sandstorms draw forth powerful earth elementals. With this feminine form, her tornadoes tear all asunder."
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced.