|Desktop-Only Content: This information applies only to the Desktop version of Terraria.|
|AI Type||Sand Elemental AI|
|Max Life||5000 / 10000|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 541
Sand Elementals attack by summoning three Ancient Storms randomly around the general location of the player. The distance between them varies, and they remain stationary for their lifespan. Sand Elementals can't travel through blocks, and they fly in a non-linear pattern. They attempt to move towards the player and get faster as their health depletes.
Sand Elementals are detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Sand Elemental is the only hardmode Desert enemy that has no biome variations and takes an appearance similar to the basic desert color scheme; it will spawn in any kind of Desert during a Sandstorm, including Corruption, Crimson and Hallow.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Ancient Storms cannot pass through blocks. Standing underneath a platform of solid block will make the Elemental unable to hit you with its Ancient Storms.
- Using the Rod of Discord to teleport to the other side of the Ancient Storms may be useful; however, since it inflicts the debuff Chaos State after repeated use, be careful how often you use it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Elementals are magical entities who embody/personify a force of nature. Historically, elementals personify one of the four Classical elements: earth, water, air or fire (sometimes plant, but never Aether). Dungeons & Dragons introduced elementals that were fusions, and other unconventional elementals.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.