|Desktop-Only Content: This information applies only to the Desktop version of Terraria.|
|AI Type||Sand Elemental AI|
|Max Life||5000 / 10000|
|Internal NPC ID: 541|
Sand Elementals attack by summoning 3 'Sandnados' randomly around the general location of the player. The distance between them varies, and they remain stationary for their lifespan. Sand Elementals can't travel through blocks, and they fly in a non-linear pattern. They attempt to move towards the player, and get faster as their health depletes.
Sand Elementals are detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Sand Elemental is the only hardmode Desert enemy that has no biome variations and takes an appearance similar to the basic desert color scheme; it will spawn in any kind of Desert during a Sandstorm, including Corruption, Crimson and Hallow.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The "Sandnados" cannot pass through blocks. Standing underneath a platform of solid block will make the Elemental unable to hit you with its Sandnado.
- Using the Rod of Discord to teleport to the other side of the Sandnados may be useful; however, since it inflicts the debuff Chaos State after repeated use, be careful how often you use it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Elementals are magical entities who embody/personify a force of nature. Historically, elementals personify one of the four Classical elements: earth, water, air or fire (sometimes plant, but never Aether). Dungeons & Dragons introduced elementals that were fusions, and other unconventional elementals.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.