|AI Type||Sand Elemental AI|
|Damage||40 / 80|
|Max Life||5000 / 10000|
|KB Resist||95% / 96%|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 541
Sand Elementals attack by summoning three Ancient Storms randomly around the general location of the player. The distance between them varies, and they remain stationary for their lifespan. Sand Elementals can't travel through blocks, and they fly in a non-linear pattern. They attempt to move towards the player and get faster as their health depletes.
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer .
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Ancient Storms cannot pass through blocks. Standing underneath a platform of solid blocks will make the Elemental unable to hit you with its Ancient Storms.
- Using the Rod of Discord to teleport to the other side of the Ancient Storms may be useful; however, it inflicts the debuff Chaos State after repeated use so be careful how often you use it.
- The Sand Elemental deals much more damage with it's Ancient Storms than by contact, which can be exploited to avoid most of it's damage through invincibility frames.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Elementals are magical entities who embody/personify a force of nature. Historically, elementals personify one of the four Classical elements: earth, water, air or fire (sometimes plant, but never Aether). Dungeons & Dragons introduced elementals that were fusions, and other unconventional elementals.
- The Sand Elemental is the only Hardmode surface Desert enemy that has no Corruption, Crimson and Hallow variations.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.