We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Sand Sharks are Hardmode enemies found in the Desert Biome only during a Sandstorm. They are able to "swim" through all varieties of Sand, Hardened Sand, and Sandstone Blocks, but will collide normally against any other block. When they draw near a player, they will lunge out of the sand to attack.
The Sand Shark itself only appears in ordinary Deserts. There are other variants for different versions of the Desert:
- Bone Biter in the Corrupted Desert
- Crystal Thresher in the Hallowed Desert
- Flesh Reaver in the Crimson Desert
Variants[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Similar to the many colors of Gel, the color of the Shark Fins dropped by Sand Sharks ( ) are different from those dropped by Sharks ( ), but they are both the same item and stack together in the inventory.
- If a Sand Shark or any of its variants enters water, it will behave like a normal Shark.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cenx confirmed that the inspiration for the enemy was a joke with Safemanda's daughter.
- The sound the dash attack makes seems to be the same as the sound from the Vampire.
References[edit | edit source]
- https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/768133646532370433 Cenx confirms that the enemy was based on a joke
- https://twitter.com/safemanda/status/768162972778856448Safemanda confirms that Cenx convinced her daughter that Land Sharks are a thing.
- https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/768213754144231424Her previous tweet caused some confusion, so Cenx explained that her inspiration came from a joke.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.