|Environment||Sandstorm – Desert|
|AI Type||Sand Shark AI|
|Damage||50 / 100|
|Max Life||360 / 720|
|KB Resist||10% / 19%|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 542
The Sand Shark is a Hardmode enemy found in the Desert Biome only during a Sandstorm. It is able to "swim" through all varieties of Sand, Hardened Sand, and Sandstone Blocks, but will collide normally against any other block. When it draws near a player, it will lunge out of the sand to attack.
The Sand Shark only appears in ordinary Deserts. There are other variants for different versions of the Desert:
- Bone Biter in the Corrupted Desert
- Crystal Thresher in the Hallowed Desert
- Flesh Reaver in the Crimson Desert
Variants[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Similar to the many colors of Gel, the color of the Shark Fins dropped by Sand Sharks ( ) are different from those dropped by Sharks ( ), but they are both the same item and stack together in the inventory.
- If a Sand Shark or any of its variants enters water, it will behave like a normal Shark.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cenx confirmed that the inspiration for the enemy was a joke with Safemanda's daughter.
- The sound the dash attack makes seems to be the same as the sound from the Vampire.
References[edit | edit source]
- https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/768133646532370433 Cenx confirms that the enemy was based on a joke
- https://twitter.com/safemanda/status/768162972778856448Safemanda confirms that Cenx convinced her daughter that Land Sharks are a thing.
- https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/768213754144231424Her previous tweet caused some confusion, so Cenx explained that her inspiration came from a joke.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.