Sandstone Blocks are found naturally-placed in the Underground Desert biome. Sandstone blocks don't affect whether an area qualifies as an Underground Desert biome. The only qualification for such a biome is a naturally generated sandstone wall. Like Sand and Hardened Sand, it is a corruptable block in Hardmode, and has Corruption, Crimson, and Hallowed counterparts: Ebonsandstone, Crimsandstone, and Pearlsandstone respectively.
It can be crafted into Smooth Sandstone, which then can be crafted into various furniture items.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Antlion Eggs ()||Heavy Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
|Crimsandstone Wall (4) ( )||Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
|Ebonsandstone Wall (4) ( )|
|Pearlsandstone Wall (4) ( )|
|Sandstone Wall (4) ( )|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even though Sandstone Blocks will not create an Underground Desert biome, its biome-specific counterparts will create and spread their respective biomes.
- Oddly enough, it can't be used to make Sandstone Brick and Sandstone Slab, despite the similarity in names.
- Only normal Sandstone Blocks can be turned into Smooth Sandstone. Corrupt, Crimson, and Hallowed counterparts can only be made into walls.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.