|Knockback||8 (Very strong)|
|Use time||36 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons a sanguine bat to fight for you|
- Sanguine Bat
The Sanguine Staff is a Hardmode summon weapon that has a 1/5 (20%) chance of being dropped by the Dreadnautilus during a Blood Moon. It summons a Sanguine Bat minion that remains by the player's side until an enemy is in sight, and attacks by flying in an elliptical loop between the player and enemy. They immediately return to the player's side once their target dies.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Sanguine Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Sanguine Bats arrange themselves along a semicircle with the player's head as the center.
- Unlike most minions, the bats will immediately return to the user's side, preventing them from getting stuck behind blocks and blocking the minion's field of vision.
- The bats leave an afterimage while moving.
- If dyed with Critter Shampoo, most basic and gradient dyes will have little effect on the bat's colors. Some dyes obtained from Strange Plants will be discolored due to the bat's glow (such as Reflective Gold Dye coloring the bats a fiery orange, and Negative Dye making them completely black). Bright dyes will work properly as it overrides the bat's color completely.
- The bats give off a fair amount of red light which can assist with visibility in dark places, especially when several are summoned.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Like the Blade Staff and Terraprisma, the Sanguine Staff's precise movement, tracking and fixed idle position make it an ideal choice for assisting the player with faster bosses and for crowd control.
- Due to the difficulty of spawning and taking down the Dreadnautilus along with its relatively low drop rate, the Sanguine Staff can be hard to obtain until mid-hardmode. Even so, it is still an effective weapon at that point due to the benefits mentioned above, and summoner armor will substantially improve its damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sanguine is an adjective meaning "bloody".
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.