This is a Town NPC. A House may be required in order for it to appear.
Santa Claus is a Hardmode / Pre-Hardmode NPC vendor that arrives after the Frost Legion has been defeated, but only during the Christmas season (December 15–31), after which he dies.
Santa Claus can be spawned at other times by changing your computer's date setting December 15–31. Changing the time back to normal will cause him to die at the next sunrise.
Santa Claus will defend himself against nearby Enemies by throwing baubles.
- "Ho ho ho, and a bottle of... Egg Nog!"
- "What? You thought I wasn't real?"
- "Care to bake me some cookies?"
During a Party:
- "Come now, you didn't think I only celebrated on Christmas did you?"
- Santa Claus sells 39 items at one time, which is more than any other NPC excluding the Post-Golem Tavernkeep, who has 40 items available at one time.
- You cannot buy back items sold to this NPC since the last item slot cannot hold any sold items.
- In Console, he has a description in the housing section saying "A jolly old fellow"
- "Ho ho ho, and a bottle of... Egg Nog!" is a reference to "Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum," from the book Treasure Island
- The Pirate also makes this reference, saying, "Yo ho ho and a bottle of... Blinkroots!"
- He has the least number of names, having only one.
- Mobile 1.2.10061: Santa now requires the Frost Legion to be defeated before he'll spawn.
- Now attacks enemies in sight by throwing baubles.
- Sprite updated.