Sapphire is a gem found within the Underground and Cavern layers of a world. They are obtained by breaking special blocks that have noticeable blue gemstones embedded in it. They can also be extracted from Silt, Slush, or Desert Fossil by putting them in an Extractinator. Rarely, Sapphire can be found in bulk in its own special gemstone cave, or in one that contains all of the other gems as well (besides Amber).
Like all other gems, Sapphire can be placed on blocks. They cannot be reverted back into their Stone Block version once mined.
A player encountering a small deposit of Sapphire.
Desktop, Console, and Mobile versions[edit | edit source]
Console, Mobile, and 3DS versions[edit | edit source]
- Sapphire blocks can be mixed up with Diamond blocks, although Diamond is of a lighter color.
- 1.3.1: Inventory sprite updated.
- 1.2: Stack limit increased from 99 to 999, can now be placed.
- 1.1: Sell cost increased from 10 50 to 11 25 .
- 1.0.5: Now have a sparkle effect.
- 1.0.4: Sell value reduced.