Scorpions are harmless critters that can be caught with a Bug Net and do not normally interact with the player in any other way, except in that they can be killed by both players and enemies. They have 5 health and usually serve as ambient entities in Terraria. Scorpions only spawn in the Desert. Its counterpart is the Black Scorpion.
All naturally spawned Scorpions can be caught with the Bug Net or Golden Bug Net , and carried in the player's inventory (or placed in storage). If a critter caught with any Bug Net is taken from inventory and "used" (placed), it is again released into the environment at the cursor and behaves as usual.
A Scorpion Cage occupies a 6x3 space. The Scorpion inside may follow the following patterns randomly:
- Move from one side to the other of its cage
- Look around to the left and right
- Hide in the sand
- Open and close its clamps while on the right side
- Stab the air with its stinger while on the left side
On Desktop version Critters spawned from statues cannot be caught with the Bug Net; attempting to do so will cause the critter to disappear in a puff of smoke.
A Scorpion can be used for fishing, with a bait power of 10%.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Scorpion Statues.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Can now be used as bait.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.