Scourge of the Corruptor
|Use time||19 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||A powerful javelin that unleashes tiny eaters|
The Scourge of the Corruptor is a Hardmode post-Plantera weapon that fires projectiles. It is always found inside the Dungeon's Corruption Chest in Corruption worlds (Crimson worlds will not have one but will instead have a Crimson Chest containing Vampire Knives). A Corruption Key is needed to open the Corruption Chest.
The Scourge of the Corruptor fires a fast javelin head that looks like a small Eater of Souls, then splits into 2-4 smaller Eaters on impact with a solid block or enemy. The mini-eaters have homing capabilities, can travel approximately 700 feet, and ricochet up to 5 times before dissipating, dealing approximately 60% of the weapon's damage each. Both the main projectile and mini-Eaters are unaffected by gravity or non-solid blocks. The mini-eaters have almost no knockback, even with a Titan Glove (or one of its upgrades), but in large numbers their combined knockback can potentially keep enemies at bay.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Eaters home in on Mimics and Nymphs before they become hostile.
- When shot at a one-tile thick wall from the right or below, there is a chance for the Eaters to spawn on the other side of it.
- Both the tiny eaters and the scourge itself get effects from flasks.
- Tiny eaters cannot break cobwebs.
- Tiny eaters do not harm Critters.
- This weapon's Crimson counterpart is the Vampire Knives.
- Eaters do not home in on players, even while in PvP.
- When used with the Fire Gauntlet, Magma Stone, or Flask of Fire, it is quite effective at illuminating caves.
- The weapon's firing sound and impact sound do not occur at the same rate, and will become misaligned as you fire.
- The weapon can be repeatedly thrown at the ground to release a continuous and considerably large swarm of eaters.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Damage increased from 57 to 64.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.