Scourge of the Corruptor
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||A powerful javelin that unleashes tiny eaters|
- Eater's Bite,
- Tiny Eater
The Scourge of the Corruptor is a Hardmode post-Plantera weapon that fires projectiles. It is always found inside the Dungeon's Corruption Chest in Corruption worlds (Crimson worlds will not have one but will instead have a Crimson Chest containing Vampire Knives). A Corruption Key is needed to open the Corruption Chest.
The Scourge of the Corruptor fires a fast javelin head that looks like a small Eater of Souls, then splits into 2-5 smaller Eaters on impact with a solid block or enemy. The mini-eaters have homing capabilities, can travel approximately 700 feet, and ricochet up to 5 times before dissipating, dealing approximately 60% of the weapon's damage each. Both the main projectile and mini-Eaters are unaffected by gravity and non-solid blocks. The mini-eaters have almost no knockback, even with a Titan Glove (or one of its upgrades), but in large numbers their combined knockback can keep enemies at bay.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Eaters home in on Mimics and Nymphs before they become hostile.
- When shot at a one-tile thick wall from the right or below, there is a chance for the Eaters to spawn on the other side of it.
- Both the tiny eaters and the scourge itself get effects from flasks.
- Tiny eaters cannot break cobwebs.
- Tiny eaters do not harm Critters.
- Tiny eaters also will not harm Target Dummies.
- This weapon's Crimson counterpart is the Vampire Knives.
- Eaters do not home in on players, even while in PvP.
- When used with the Fire Gauntlet, Magma Stone, or Flask of Fire, it is quite effective at illuminating caves.
- The weapon's firing sound and impact sound do not occur at the same rate, and will become misaligned as you fire.
- The weapon can be repeatedly thrown at the ground to release a continuous and considerably large swarm of eaters.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite the word "scourge" often meaning a multi-lashed whip used for punishment, the Scourge of the Corruptor is not a Whip; but rather a javelin according to its tooltip.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Average projectiles spawned from each shot increased from 2.3 to 2.66.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Damage increased from 57 to 64.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.