“Native to the Martian homeworld, these creatures function similarly to horses. That is, if horses could fire lasers from their eyes.
— The Bestiary on Scutlix
“Elite Ray Gunners often ride these powerful alien creatures into battle as cavalry. If their mount dies, they will pursue on foot.
— The Bestiary on Scutlix Gunner
A Scutlix is a Hardmode, post-Golem enemy that spawns during the Martian Madness event. It consists of the Scutlix creature, ridden by a Scutlix Gunner character, both of which have individual health meters and can be killed independently. When one is killed, the other will continue to attack.
Parts[edit | edit source]
|AI Type||Rider AI|
|Banner||Martian Scutlix Gunner Banner|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Martian Conduit Plating (8-20)12.5%
- Internal NPC ID: 390
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Scutlix itself is killed before the Gunner, the rider will change into a normal Ray Gunner, meaning it no longer drops its unique Banner or the Brain Scrambler item. The rider must be killed while still mounted to count as a Scutlix Gunner. The use of Lava traps is counter-productive in this regard, damaging firstly the mount.
- The Scutlix itself has the highest damage of any non-Boss enemy in the Martian Madness event.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the UFO Summon invoked by the Xeno Staff also helps taking out the Gunner before killing the Scutlix, helping on the farm for the Brain Scrambler item.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.