Seasonal events are annual occurrences activated depending on the platform/device's date setting. While active, a seasonal event may offer new season-appropriate items or character spawns.
Events[edit | edit source]
|Valentine's Day||February||Broken Heart, Heart Arrows, Valentine Ring|
|Easter||April||Diseaster Bunnies, which drop Suspicious Looking Eggs, spawn if Lepus has not yet been defeated in that world. Corrupt Bunnies will also drop Suspicious Looking Eggs if Lepus has not been defeated.|
|Oktoberfest||September 27–October 31||New vanity items become available from the Clothier, and the Merchant sells the Wiesnbräu, a potion.|
|Halloween|| October 20–November 1
October 20–November 10
October 1–November 10
|New enemies spawn and some existing enemies wear costumes. All enemies have a 1/80 chance to drop Goodie Bags, which contain various items. Hearts and Stars are replaced by Candy Apples and Soul Cakes, respectively.|
|Thanksgiving||November||The Merchant sells the Turkey feather, and all enemies have a 1/7 chance to drop Cursed stuffing, which can be used to summon Turkor the Ungrateful, a boss, if the Turkey feather is active.|
|Christmas|| December 15–December 31
December 1–January 15
|All enemies have a 1/7 chance of dropping Presents, which contain various items (including the Snow Globe, used to summon the Frost Legion). Hearts and Stars are replaced by Candy Canes and Sugar Plums, respectively.|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- All seasonal events can be "activated" by setting the device's date to any date within the respective event's timespan.
- Change the computer's date to any day within the timespan.
- Disconnect from Xbox Live / PSN and change the console time.
- Disconnect from automatic date/time updates and set the time to any day within the timespan. Note that this does not work for some devices.
- Go to "System Settings" and set the date there.
- If a change of the device's time is undesired, applications like "RunAsDate" allow launching Terraria with a changed time and date.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.2: Improved the Christmas season.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Halloween introduced.
- Desktop 1.1.1: Introduced Christmas.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Removed Chinese New Year, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, Easter, Oktoberfest, and Thanksgiving.
- Mobile 1.2.11587: Chinese New Year introduced, but does not normally activate in game.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Halloween introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.6255 Thanksgiving Update: Thanksgiving introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.5933 Oktoberfest Update: Oktoberfest introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.91 Easter Update: Easter introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.9 St. Patrick's Update: St. Patrick's Day introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.8 Valentine Update: Valentine's Day introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.5: Christmas introduced.