|Use time||22 (Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 3018|
|Desktop-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the desktop version of Terraria.|
The Seedler is a Hardmode sword that has a 14.29% / 28.58% (1/7 / 2/7 ) chance to be dropped by Plantera. It fires out grenade-like projectiles, which explode after a period of time (0.5-1 second) or when hitting an enemy, sending out multiple, smaller and faster shards.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The player is able to turn while swinging, as you swing in the direction of the mouse cursor.
- The Seedler could be considered as the Hardmode upgrade of the Blade of Grass, as it can be obtained from a source in the Jungle, it has a much better (by 7) swing speed, and it looks quite similar.
- The sword, much like the Blade of Grass, does not emit any light itself, but its projectiles do when they explode.
- Unlike the Terra Blade's projectile, melee speed modifiers do not increase the number of seeds thrown.
- Each seed appears to fire 6 projectiles upon exploding, these projectiles do not pierce enemies. Worth noting is, the projectiles seem to prioritize going after enemies, often resulting hitting one enemy with 3+ projectiles, doing massive damage, one-shotting low health mobs. This, combined with it's low use time makes it a very useful weapon, as the player isn't required to aim straight at the enemy targeted.
- The large projectile arcs downwards rather quickly, however the smaller shards are unaffected by gravity.
- Melee effects, such as those given by the Magma Stone and Frost armor didn't take effect on The Seedler's projectiles prior to 188.8.131.52 update.
- The effects of the Magic Quiver apply to the Seedler's projectiles.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Despite having pretty low damage for a Hardmode weapon (especially at the stage of the game it is obtained), Seedler, due to it's unique abilities, can sometimes surpass more powerful weapons, such as Terra Blade. Underestimating this sword is often a bad decision - with proper modifier, it can deal with most of Hardmode enemies easily.
- Attacking large segmented enemies such as The Destroyer can do immense amounts of damage due to the exploding projectiles.
- It is also extremely effective for clearing out caves while taking next to no damage, as the seeds can be lobbed into a room, quickly clearing out mobs.
- The seeds also prove very useful while fighting large numbers of enemies (perhaps during Events like Solar Eclipse)
- Try to launch the initial projectile so that it explodes at a distance from any surface, otherwise the shards will hit the blocks, significantly reducing the weapons' damage potential.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to 184.108.40.206, the Seedler could be obtained by fishing in the Jungle. This was removed because of the extreme advantage players would gain.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Fixed bug where Seedler was impossible to get in expert mode.
- Fixed bug where projectiles didn't count as melee or get Flask effects.
- Can no longer be obtained by fishing in the Jungle.
- 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Sword Projectiles||• • • • •|
|Other Projectiles||• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Projectile Only||• • •|