|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Damage||90 / 180|
|Max Life||800 / 1600|
|KB Resist||60% / 64|
|Internal NPC ID: 419|
|Desktop/Console-Only Content: This information applies only to the desktop and console versions of Terraria.|
The Selenian is a Hardmode, post-Golem enemy that is spawned by the Solar Pillar during the Lunar Events. It is a ground based enemy that has 2 flaming swords which curls up and flies at high speeds towards the player. When it does this, certain projectiles you have fired at it will be reflected. This is very dangerous as some weapons like the Sniper Rifle and Meowmere can potentially deal over 300 damage to the player.
Among the things they reflect:
- All bullets
- All arrows
- All darts
- Some sword beams, such as those from Meowmere and Christmas Tree Sword, but not all forms. (listed below)
- Scourge of the Corruptor projectiles (main)
- Nebula Blaze projectiles
- Frost Hydra, Ballista, and Flameburst projectiles
- Lunar Flare projectiles
- The Horseman's Blade projectiles
- Most special ranged weapon attacks, such as the phoenix from the Phantom Phoenix or the special rocket from the Vortex Beater
- Paladin's Hammer projectiles
- Nebula Arcanum projectiles
Among the things they do NOT reflect:
- All rockets (except Stynger, Jack 'O Lantern Launcher and Electrosphere Launcher)
- Terra Blade's projectiles
- Influx Waver's projectiles
- Flairon's projectiles
- Terrarian's projectiles
- Star Wrath's projectiles
- Last Prism's beam
- Lunar Portal Staff's beam
- It appears the Selenian's defense is greatly decreased when it spins.
- Reflected Chlorophyte Bullets will target the player. Due to this, they are inadvisable to be used versus the Solar Pillar.
- Melee users shouldn't have too much trouble with this enemy provided they use a weapon that doesn't fire a projectile. Ranged users should use weapons that fire rockets, such as the Rocket Launcher or Grenade Launcher. Minions that use melee attacks are good choices for mages and summoners.
- Vampire Knives can be reflected, but if they hit the player they lose their "lifesteal" effect and the selenian will not regain health.
- The word selenian means "lunar" and refers to Selene, the Roman goddess of the moon and sister of the sun-god Helios.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.