Sergeant United Shield
|Damage||80 / 60 (Melee)|
|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Use time||36 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||'I can do this all day'|
- Sergeant United Shield
|End of parry|
The Sergeant United Shield is a Hardmode boomerang. Only one can be thrown at a time. It automatically homes in on nearby enemies and will chain its attack to 4 additional enemies, however it will not hit an enemy more than once per throw. It is rarely sold by the Traveling Merchant for 35.
Like the Brand of the Inferno, with any equipped shield (including the Sergeant United Shield when not thrown) and holding this boomerang, pressing the ⚷ Open / Activate button will cause the character to brace for the next attack. When timed correctly, just before taking a hit, the enemy's attack will be parried, dealing some damage to the attacker and granting the Striking Moment buff for the next five seconds. This allows the next melee attack to deal 5x damage. Alternatively, if the shield is held in place, 20 defense is temporarily gained; this lasts until the shield is once again lowered.
Its best modifier is Demonic, as it does not have any knockback and thus cannot get modifiers that affect it, and furthermore cannot get modifiers that affect its speed, either.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The buff tooltip is mathematically incorrect. The code states that your damage is multiplied by 5, which would be a 400% increase. The tooltip, however, claims that your damage is increased by 500% (i.e., multiplied by 6).
- The act of gaining the attack buff and switching to a more powerful weapon like Meowmere has potential for massive damage, especially if somehow timed perfectly with the Psycho Knife's buffs.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This weapon will home onto the separate sections of a Wyvern, making it an excellent weapon against it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon is a reference to the fictional superhero Captain America’s vibranium-steel alloy shield that appears in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Its tooltip is one of his most iconic lines in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.
- Due to its high velocity and slow use time, the Sergeant United Shield will actually make it completely back to the player a few seconds before it can be thrown again in most scenarios.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Damage increased from 60 to 80.
- Damage reduction for each target hit reduced from 30% to 20%.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced.