- Internal Item ID: 3096
The Sextant is an informational accessory that displays the current moon phase. This accessory can be received as a 2.5% (1 in 40) / 3.3% (1 in 30)  chance reward for completing Fishing quests for the Angler NPC. It is part of the Cell Phone's crafting tree.
On the Desktop version, the Angler will not give you a Sextant as a reward if you already have one in your inventory or in any of your Portable Storages. However, if you have a Fisherman's Pocket Guide, Weather Radio, and Sextant (or at least one of the accessories crafted from them: the Fish Finder, PDA, or Cell Phone) in your inventories, he will be able to give you duplicate Sextants.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This content is transcluded from Informational Accessories/note. Unlike most accessories, informational accessories such as the Sextant do not need to be equipped in an accessory slot. The Sextant may be carried in the player's inventory without loss of functionality, unless equipped to a social slot. Additionally, the info it provides will be shared with nearby players of the same team in multiplayer. Keep in mind modifiers will no longer apply to the player when not equipped, however.
- The icon of the Sextant turns into a red moon during a Blood Moon or a Solar Eclipse.
- Outside of the game, a sextant is used to determine the angle between two objects, often by sailors to determine latitude, and has nothing to do with the phase of the moon.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Angler quest reward chance increased.
- The Angler will no longer give you duplicate informational accessories, unless you already have all of them.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]