Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
The Shackle is an accessory that grants 1 point of defense. It is dropped by Zombies somewhat rarely (1/50 or 2% for most Zombies). Shackles are most useful early in the game, when defense is at a premium.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Later in the game, the player can swap in Obsidian Skull or Cobalt Shield as a replacement, which grants a defense bonus but also Burning or knockback immunity respectively.
- The Obsidian Shield (their upgrade) provides 2 defense and grants immunity to both Burning and knockback.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Shackles are relatively easy to acquire if you venture into the wilderness during a Blood Moon.
- Due to its low reforging cost, this item is useful for getting rarer modifiers like Arcane, Violent, Lucky, and Warding.
- With the "Warding" modifier, 4 defense is added for a total of 5, which is nearly equivalent to Copper Armor (6 defense with set bonus).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In real life, a Shackle is either a metal link used for linking devices together or chains used to restrain prisoners.
- The Zombie Arm appears to have a shackle on its wrist.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.2: Equipped sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Inventory sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Can now be found with prefixes.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.