We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Dimensions||2 wide ˣ 2 high|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 328|
|Internal Tile ID: 21 (4-5)|
The Shadow Chest is a storage item found only in the Underworld, generally on top of or within Ruined Houses, and contains rare items. All Shadow Chests are initially locked, requiring a Shadow Key to open. A single Shadow Key will open unlimited Shadow Chests (unlike Golden Keys, which are consumed upon use). Each Shadow Chest contains one high-tier item of "Orange" rarity, along with other standard Underground loot.
Loot[edit | edit source]
The Shadow Chest always contain one primary item and a few common items.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Dark Lance, Flower of Fire, Flamelash, Sunfury and Hellwing Bow can only be found in Shadow Chests.
- Can contain potions like Lifeforce, Heartreach and other hardmode potions that are accessible in pre-hardmode.
- Shadow Chest Mimics will appear as a locked Shadow Chest.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: The Hellwing Bow is now found within shadow chests.
- 1.2.3: Placed storage items can now be renamed.
- 1.2: No longer requires a Hammer to pick up; it now needs a Pickaxe or Drill instead.
- 1.0.6: Introduced. Contains some items previously dropped by Underworld enemies.