The Cursed Hammer is a rare Hardmode enemy which spawns in the Underground Corruption. It hovers and spins before lunging at the player, traveling through any blocks to reach them. Any knockback stops its attack, forcing it to pause and spin up again. It can inflict the Cursed debuff.
On the Old-gen console version and , the Shadow Hammer acts as an exclusive version of the Cursed Hammer, which features increased damage and defense, as well as the chance to drop versionHardmode ore bars.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like most other enemies with the ability to pass through tiles, Cursed Hammers are unable to spawn if the player is standing in front of valid housing walls.
- Like most other Corruption enemies, Cursed Hammers can only spawn on top of Corrupt grass, Ebonstone, Ebonsand, or Purple Ice. They can do so even if the player is not specifically in a Corruption biome.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Arkhalis is an excellent weapon to deal with this enemy, as even a single hit forces to recharge its spin. In effect, the Arkhalis can act as a shield surrounding the player, completely impassable by the Cursed Hammer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On the , the Cursed Hammer and Shadow Hammer drop random items, like versionNature's Gift or Silver Chandelier.Verify
- Out of the three Flying Weapon enemies, the Cursed Hammer is the only one with a sprite not based on an existing item. Furthermore, it is the only one to feature an exclusive variant.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Can now drop the Nazar.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed Shadow Hammer. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed Shadow Hammer. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Removed Shadow Hammer.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.