Shadow Jousting Lance
|Use time||24 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Build momentum to increase attack power|
- Shadow Jousting Lance
The Shadow Jousting Lance is a Hardmode, post-Plantera melee weapon. It has a
4*1/25 (4%) / 7.84*49/625 (7.84%) chance of dropping from Giant Cursed Skulls in the post-Plantera Dungeon. When attacking, the lance will extend, and holding ⚒ Use / Attack will keep it extended at a fixed angle. The damage it does increases depending on the player's velocity making a mount, sprinting accessories, or dash abilities (such as those granted by the Shield of Cthulhu, Tabi/Master Ninja Gear, or Solar Flare armor) useful for maximizing damage.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Holding a lance in the opposite of the direction of travel will cause mounts to moonwalk at full speed. For example, a unicorn mount can gallop backwards.
- Holding a lance in a minecart can result in the player visually holding it behind themself if the railway reversed the direction of travel.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Taking damage uncouches the lance and requires ⚒ Use / Attack to be used again to re-extend it, so to prevent touching enemies when charging, it is advisable to line up the lance so that enemies are hit by the tip and are knocked back (if not killed) from a distance and unable to hurt the player.
- The damage that any lance gets from momentum doesn't seem to have a limit, or if it does, it's a very high one. This can be paired with the Mollusk Whistle or the Inner Tube and a very deep pool of water to gain ridiculous amounts of momentum, and, in turn, damage, by surfacing from the bottom to the top of the pool of water. This damage appears to be able to one shot the Dungeon Guardian with the right setup.
- Conversely, holding the lance straight up or down gives it a much taller hitbox, which can make hitting flying or less predictable enemies easier when charging.
- Holding the lance straight down when falling down a hellevator will prevent cobwebs, such as those created in a Spider Cave, from slowing the player's descent.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While riding a mount, the jousting lance will hover in the air and your hand will not extend forwards.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Jousting Lances can no longer receive melee speed prefixes. They already could not benefit from Melee speed, but this fixes some bugs caused by Melee speed modifiers that impacted them.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced.