A player being approached by two Light Mummies.
Mummies are Hardmode Desert enemies. They spawn in areas where Sand Blocks are present, and follow the Fighter AI (behaving similar to Zombies).
There are several different versions of Mummies: Dark Mummies', Blood Mummies and Light Mummies, who spawn in Corrupted Deserts (and in Crimson Deserts), Crimson Deserts and Hallowed Deserts, respectively, and Shadow Mummies and Spectral Mummies, who are exclusive to the Old-gen console version and of versionTerraria.
Dark Mummies are 150% faster than other Mummies. All mummies receive a 200% speed increase when they are reduced to 50% health or lower. In addition, mummies inflict the following debuffs:
- Dark Mummies and Blood Mummies can drop the Megaphone and Blindfold at the same time. The chance of these two 1/100 events happening is 1/10000 (0.01%).
- Dark, Blood and Light Mummies can easily be farmed for their shards by Corrupting or Hallowing a section of Desert, or making an artificial Desert. All that is necessary is a one-wide flat surface of Pearlsand, Ebonsand, or Crimsand. However, do not have both surfaces too close to each other, as one cancels out the other.
- The head of the Old-gen console and -exclusive Shadow Mummy looks like a Skeleton's Skull.
- The mummies in Terraria are bound incorrectly: In Ancient Egypt, the feet of the mummies were bound together and their hands were bound on their sides. However, in Terraria (and almost every other fictional work), the hands and feet of the mummies are bound so that they could move freely.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Dark and Light Mummies can now drop their own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Dark Mummies and Pixies usually no longer drop both Status Protection accessories at the same time, 99.995% of the time.
- Console-Release: Introduced normal, Light, Dark, Spectral, and Shadow Mummies.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11:
- Removed Shadow Mummy and Spectral Mummy.
- Normal Mummies can no longer spawn in pre-Hardmode via smashing Pyramid pots.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced normal, Light, Dark, Spectral, and Shadow Mummies.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced normal, Light, Dark, Spectral, and Shadow Mummies.