Shadow Orb (item)
|Buff tooltip||A magical orb that provides light|
- Shadow Orb
The Shadow Orb is a Light Pet item that summons a slow-moving sphere which follows the player around and emits dim, purple light. The orb can move through solid objects and liquids unhindered, but moves very slowly, causing it to fall behind when the player is moving quickly. If it falls far enough behind, it will teleport to the player's location. It has a 20% chance of dropping from destroyed Shadow Orbs, but it can also be acquired by looting Corrupt Crates, which are obtained by fishing in the Corruption.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The orb's position can be somewhat controlled using the ▲ Up and ▼ Down keys, allowing the player to reorient the orb directly above or below them respectively.
- This will cause the orb to catch up slightly faster, if it is lagging behind.
- The orb will emit purple light even if dyed.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When paired with any color Acid Dye, the Orb will have stripes in the color but it will be glitchy in the way that parts of, or even the whole Orb itself, can disappear.
- Can be paired with Reflective Gold Dye to make the Shadow Orb appear similarly to the Orb of Light from older versions of the game.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: No longer states "5 minute duration" in its tooltip.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced as Orb of Light.