|Damage||53 / 55 Magic|
|Mana||7 / 6|
|Use time||16 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Creates a shadow beam that bounces off walls|
- Shadow Beam (friendly)
The Shadowbeam Staff is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that is similar to the Necromancer's standard attack, creating a purple beam that travels instantaneously to its maximum distance (approximately 108 tiles), bounces off blocks, is unaffected by gravity, and emits a moderate amount of light for its entire length. It has a 1/20 (5%) / 59/800 (7.38%) chance to drop from Necromancers in the Hardmode Dungeon.
The Shadowbeam Staff's projectile can travel far and pierce an unlimited number of enemies, but for each enemy struck, the beam loses 20% of its damage. Each enemy will only take damage once, regardless of how many times the beam bounces to hit them again.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Shadowbeam Staff is very effective in the Dungeon or other enclosed underground areas, where the beam can ricochet multiple times and pin down targets. Its ability to quickly light up an entire room can also help in navigating these areas.
- The Shadowbeam Staff is capable of draining mana very quickly. Nebula or Spectral armor , a Mana Flower, Magic Cuffs, or Celestial Cuffs may help slow mana consumption.
- Using the Shadowbeam Staff with Spectre armor (with the Spectre Hood) can easily keep the player alive, even in PvP situations.
- Due to its infinite piercing, it is useful against worm-type enemies like The Destroyer, but only the first few hits for each shot will do significant damage.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Damage decreased from 55 to 53.
- Mana cost increased from 6 to 7.
- Drop chance increased from 2.5% to 5%.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Beams now have diminishing returns.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.