|Use time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots Shadowflame Arrows|
|Internal Item ID: 3052|
|Desktop/Console-Only Content: This information applies only to the Desktop and Console versions of Terraria.|
The Shadowflame Bow is a Hardmode bow which has a 16.7% / 33.3% (1/6 / 1/3 ) chance to drop from Goblin Summoner during a Hardmode Goblin Army. This bow acts much like the Old-gen console, Mobile, and -exclusive Sharanga, however the Shadowflame Bow will instead turn any type of arrow into special Shadowflame Arrows.
The Shadowflame Arrows fired will fly relatively slowly, but have an extremely high arc compared to most arrows, and may seem at first to be unaffected by gravity at all. If fired directly upwards, a Shadowflame Arrow can travel 250 tiles skyward before beginning their descent, taking approximately 12 seconds from firing to fall back down to the player's position. They pierce up to 3 enemies, and also inflict the Shadowflame debuff, which causes quick ticks of 15 damage each for about 5 seconds, then fades to a few remaining 1-damage ticks.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Like the Pulse Bow, due to the fact that any particular arrow's special mechanics are replaced by the bow's properties, the best arrows to use are Venom Arrows or Cursed Arrows for their high per-arrow damage.
- As the Shadowflame Bow converts any arrow into Shadowflame Arrows, an Endless Quiver can be useful, to have an infinite amount of arrows. The downside is that wooden arrows do 5 less damage when converted.
- The low velocity of the Shadowflame Bow can be remedied with the Magic Quiver.
- In addition to its functional similarity, the sprite also looks very similar to the Sharanga.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()