Shadowflame Hex Doll
|Use time||21 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons Shadowflame tentacles to strike your foes|
The Shadowflame Hex Doll is a Hardmode magic weapon that fires curving purple tentacle projectiles at decent range, which inflict the Shadowflame debuff with the same purple flame effects. Using it a single time will fire 3 projectiles at once, but the weapon can be quickly used to make up to 9 projectiles at once. It has a
16.67*1/6 (16.67%) / 33.33*1/3 (33.33%) chance to drop from Goblin Summoner during a Hardmode Goblin Invasion.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Randomly, the Shadowflame tentacle will appear to bounce off a solid surface. This appears to happen most often when the tentacle was already going to be bending in a direction away from or parallel to the surface to start with. (The tentacles can technically bounce, but this happens very rarely; this can be seen most easily by shooting the weapon straight at a wall or by using mods to spawn tentacles that cannot curve.)
- Like many projectiles, the tentacles are slowed by liquids. They will not travel as far if used in a liquid.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because of the random deviation of the tentacles as they travel further away, the Shadowflame Hex Doll is less effective at its maximum range against smaller targets.
- The Shadowflame Hex Doll can prove to be very useful if acquired in early Hardmode, especially in tight caverns.
- The tentacles' piercing and area-of-effect damage is effective against worms, e.g. The Destroyer, and crowds of enemies, e.g. Plantera's Tentacles.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.