Shadowflame Hex Doll
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons Shadowflame tentacles to strike your foe|
|Debuff duration||4-8 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Losing life|
- Internal Item ID: 3053
The Shadowflame Hex Doll is a Hardmode magic weapon that fires curving purple projectiles at decent range, which inflicts the Shadowflame debuff with the same purple flame effects. Using it a single time will fire 3 projectiles at once, but the weapon can be quickly used to make up to 9 projectiles at once. It has a 16.7% / 33.3% (1/6 / 1/3) chance to drop from Goblin Summoner during a Hardmode Goblin Invasion.
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Randomly, the Shadowflame tentacle will appear to bounce off a solid surface. This appears to happen most often when the tentacle was already going to be bending in a direction away from or parallel to the surface to start with. (The tentacles can technically bounce, but this happens very rarely; this can be seen most easily using by shooting the weapon straight at a wall or by using mods to spawn tentacles that cannot curve.)
- The tentacles are slowed by water and will not travel as far if used underwater or in any other liquid.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because of the random deviation of the tentacles as they travel further away, it is less effective at its maximum range against smaller targets.
- It could also be useful for bosses with segments like worm type enemies and bosses because it hits a lot of segments with how much it pierces.
- This weapon can prove to be extremely useful if acquired in early Hardmode, especially in tight caverns.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()