|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Inflicts Shadowflame on hit|
- Shadowflame Knife
The Shadowflame Knife is a Hardmode melee weapon that auto-fires small flaming knife projectiles that consume no mana or ammunition. The projectiles ricochet twice off of enemies only (not blocks), dissipating upon their third impact. They also inflict the Shadowflame debuff, which deals an additional 15 damage per second for up to 3 seconds. It has a 16.7% / 33.3% / 33.3% (1/6 / 1/3 / 1/3) chance to drop from a Goblin Summoner during a Hardmode Goblin Invasion.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The effects of the Shadowflame debuff will stack with those of On Fire!, Cursed Inferno, and Frostburn. Using the Shadowflame Knife with a Magma Stone or better, Frost armor, and a Flask of Cursed Flames, facilitates inflicting all of those at once.
- As with all melee projectiles, the fly distance increases with faster attack-speed.
- It is an effective weapon to use against The Destroyer due to its ricochet property hitting multiple parts.
- The knife travels approximately 28 blocks before dropping.
- It can be considered a Melee alternative to the Magic Dagger. It has similar stats, costs no mana, has autoswing and flies faster than it. Although it doesn't pierce, its ability to ricochet can make up for it.
- This weapon is a great option for melee players in early-to-mid Hardmode. It can be acquired immediately from a Goblin Army and its versatility as an unlimited projectile along with its debuff makes it extremely useful against Hardmode enemies and even the Mechanical Bosses.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.