Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Neptune's Shell ( )|
|Hunter Potion||Placed Bottle|
|Water Walking Potion|
total: 4 row(s)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Shark fins dropped by Sand Sharks will have special coloration ( ). Similar to Gel, the first shark fin in a stack determines the color of the rest.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Sharks themselves can be frustratingly rare in the Oceans, so various alternatives can be taken to acquire the fins:
- Hunting the ocean during a Blood Moon will find a good deal more Sharks, as well as the enemies producing some scarce dyes. A Gills Potion (or in Hardmode, a Neptune's Shell or upgrade) will help, or you can build a breathing area underwater.
- In Hardmode, it might be easier to obtain Shark Fins from Sand Sharks as they spawn in the surface layer of the desert during a Sandstorm.
- Shark fins can also be obtained from Shark Statues.
- As with all mob farms, use the Water Candle and Battle Potion to increase spawn rate.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.